• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help QUICK! AW4 Shifting problem...

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
I tried searching but i don't have the time to read through a bunch of threads.. I am supposed to be leaving this afternoon to So Cal and I need to get this fixed now.

I am having a problem with my AW4 shifting. It's a 2001 4.0.. It doesn't want to shift till around 3k RPM's if at all.. It is also idling extremely high at start up(around 2.5k).. From what it sounds like, it's the TPS.. Can anyone confirm this, so I don't waste $75 on a TPS? Also, what size torx drivers will I need?

Thanks!

sounds like a bad tps, but have the codes read or test it if your worried about replacing a part that is good.

sounds like a bad tps, but have the codes read or test it if your worried about replacing a part that is good.

I did a scan and nothing showed..

high idle could also be a dirty IAC. free cleaning

or possibly a vacumn leak.

X2. Mine was doing this, i replaced the TPS, IACm and found a vacuum leak. Now it idles fine. (A little too low at times actually lol)

i second cleaning the IAC, throttle body and intake along with replacing the tps. i also second checking for vacuum leaks as well.

on my 95 it would not want to shift out of 1 and 2 until i let off the gas for a second and then reaplied throttle. turned out that the trans was toast.

Back