• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering shaft sleeve

HeavyMetal

NAXJA Forum User
I suppose this could be a toss up between mod and OEM, but that the hell, lol.

Im sure you all know what i mean, the coupling at the ujoint on the steering shaft that connects the steering shaft to the steering box splined end...where u tighten that bolt to squeeze it over the steering box splined end.

well i have a durango box in, just installed, and the sleeve doesnt seem to close enough., even with the bolt cranked down all the way on it...i can physically grab the steering shaft and pull it jiggle it around on the steering box end, back and forth a bit and side to side. it doesnt twist though, the splines engage enough for the jeep to turn the wheels ok, but theres a clunk obviously cuz of how lose the piece is. i know the splines are not worn away.

whats the deal with this? i cant tighten it anymore to squeeze it, not sure if this is a pre existing issue that was there and just masked by my 100 other problems before or if this is new cuz of the durango box..

Just guessing but maybe you need to change the end of the shaft to fit the Durango box.

Back