• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driveshaft Q

POLAR_JEEP_04

NAXJA Forum User
specs- 97 xj I6, auto, 231 AA SYE, stock front driveshafts front and rear, 5.5" tnt LA, 4* shims.

the problem- I waste freshly rebuilt driveshafts in 3 to 6 months. the Ujoints are fine it is always the carden joint that fails.

some advice I have got was to have the driveshaft shop cut off the carden joint and weld on a CV joint have have it centered (balenced).

any advice? has anyone tried the CV shaft? should I just order a Tom Woods shaft and call it a day?

Hmmm...who rebuilds your drive shafts? And do they address the carden joint while they're in there, or just replace the u-joints?

Hmm...i'm kind of hesitant about a CV joint. I think they are more prone to failure, but could be wrong.

that was my thoughts on the subject, but I think it might keep grease longer then the carden joint. it looks like thats why the carden joint is failing due to lack of grease.

You need to find out why,whether its your rig or your driveshaft shop.
BTW:do you lube them,I grease mine before every run,8yrs and still perfect.

Back