• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric fan

Jus101979

NAXJA Forum User
I need reasons why it doesnt come on , I've already checked all fuses and made jumper wires so i know it does work , but when jeep is running it seems hot but hasnt come on yet and can I get a pic of where the temp sensor is 2000 xj I love this thing and really dont want to screw it up by not knowing much about it , what should i do ? any help would be awesome

The fan should run when the AC compressor is running. That would be a good place to start. On my XJ, the fan runs when the temperature reaches a cool 230* :eek: . It runs also when the AC is on regardless of engine temperature.

My issue turned out to be the relay. All fuses were good, but when the AC ran the aux fan would not run. Ditto when the temps went up with stop & go traffic. Replaced the relay and all was back to normal.

On the 00XJ and 01XJ the fan does not come automatically if the A/C is running...

Electric cooling fan 4.0L:
With or without A/C request the electric fan will come on only when the
coolant temperature is at least 106° C (223° F), and will remain on until the coolant temperature drops to
103° C (217° F) or below. Regardless of coolant temperature, When air conditioning system pressures
reach 2068.5
6 138 kPa (300 6 20 psi) the electric fan will engage and continue to run until the A/C
system pressure drops to 1620.3 kPa (235 psi) minimum, then the electric fan will shut off.

I need to take my electric fan off, it's just laying there (bearing is shot). How to remove?

Just unplug the electrical connection, remove the two bolts in the upper corners and lift up. It's quite simple really. You should however replace it with a working fan.

The temp sensor is in the thermostat housing. The PCM (engine computer) activates the fan relay. It won't come on until it's pretty hot.

is it located somewhere else on the Renix engine? it's not on my thermostat housing

Back