• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vent Location

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
So I have narrowed down my hood vent choice, but im wondering what is the best actual location to put these? Im going to be running (2) 2"x10" vents but im wondering if its actually better to one over the manifold and then one directly across from it, where the only bad part i could see is water getting in and possibly messing up the TPS or anything electrical but it seems that is where the most heat is generated, but I have also heard that putting them across the front where the fans are is also a really good place to put them. Where should i locate them to minimize issues but maximize releasing heat?

GoJeep did a test and determined the best location. http://go.jeep-xj.info/ Most people put them in the easiest to fit location, between the reinforcements that are on the underside. Here in Minnesota we gets lots of rain and snow and none of the 5 Cherokees with hood vents in my local club has had any issues with water coming in through the vents.

Back