• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nutstrip

mavrick

NAXJA Forum User
I need a driver side nutstrip and was wondering if any new of a place I could order one? My local dealership closed down.

Seems like an obvious question but I just want to be 100% that the left side would be the driver side, correct? Left as your looking from the back to the front.

Seems like a no brainer but I want to be a 100% before I buy.

Accepted practice is that everything left/right in relationship to a person sitting in the drivers seat.

It was kind of a pita but I just fished bolts through and pointed them downward... for the one that's at the gas tank skid, I had to cut a window in the "frame."
I think if the threads are inside of the frame rail they are more likely to corrode and seize up. Mine were seized and I had to cut most of the bolt heads off to get the strips out. When the bolts are pointed down, and the threads outside of the frame rail, you can hose them off, and hit them with WD-40 etc. Although.. using the nut strip probably does make the hitch mounting surface stronger.. I just used big ass washers..

It was kind of a pita but I just fished bolts through and pointed them downward... for the one that's at the gas tank skid, I had to cut a window in the "frame."
I think if the threads are inside of the frame rail they are more likely to corrode and seize up. Mine were seized and I had to cut most of the bolt heads off to get the strips out. When the bolts are pointed down, and the threads outside of the frame rail, you can hose them off, and hit them with WD-40 etc. Although.. using the nut strip probably does make the hitch mounting surface stronger.. I just used big ass washers..

:cheers: Exactly what I did, Seems stronger than the strips/Bolts also.

I think the bolt strips would be stronger.. because it ties them all together.. I did use huge grade 8 bolts and big washers.. My parts XJ had bolts and washers, with no nut strips, and the frame rail was torn at the rear. I just ordered some nut strips. If the nut strips aren't any stronger.. I need to cancel the order.

Did they charge you tax on the order? I started to get them tonight but didn't see where tax was figured in. I was waiting to see if they would and what it would bring the total to, that way I could see if it would be worth ordering from them or getting it from the stealership.

tems Ordered:
Item: Fuel system - Fuel system components - Reinforcement Reinforcement Right - Station wagon 1984 - 1996
Price: $22.19
Tax: $0.00
Qty: 1
Total: $22.19

Item: Fuel system - Fuel system components - Reinforcement Reinforcement Left - Station wagon 1984 - 1996
Price: $22.19
Tax: $0.00
Qty: 1
Total: $22.19

-----------------------------
Items Total: $44.38
Shipping: $8.95
Handling Fee: $0.00
Order Total: $53.33

Did they charge you tax on the order? I started to get them tonight but didn't see where tax was figured in. I was waiting to see if they would and what it would bring the total to, that way I could see if it would be worth ordering from them or getting it from the stealership.

I just order the driver side nutstrip and it came out to 31.14

Back