• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME with shackles/spacers?

paroxysym

NAXJA Forum User
was wondering if adding say a MJ shackle to an OME pack will cause it to sag at a quicker rate? im thinking of going with the soft set-up with an MJ shackle in the rear and maybe an extra coil isolator in the front. i know the medium nets around 2.5" but with only a spare tire in the rear and it being a daily driver/wheeled once every three months kind of rig- i figured soft be nice. thoughts? or will the soft net me under 2"? thanks!!!!!

mj shackle provides about 1/2" -3/4" of lift and should not sag the spring.

if you want soft, then you probably need a better shackle angle. might want to look into the shackle relocation boxes.

imho...as long as you add a corresponding amount of bump stop so as not to get a negative arch when compressing the leafs you should not increase the sag rate. that's what i did putting together my OME HD w/ +1.5" shackle 6 yrs ago and they are still in decent shape.

imho...as long as you add a corresponding amount of bump stop so as not to get a negative arch when compressing the leafs you should not increase the sag rate. that's what i did putting together my OME HD w/ +1.5" shackle 6 yrs ago and they are still in decent shape.

What was your net lift over stock with the HD OME leafs and the 1.5 shackle? Got any pics? This is exactly what I'm looking to put together.

I can vouch for that because I ran my OME leafs with a 1.5" lift boomerang shackle and didn't bumpstop and I lost quite a bit of lift from regularly flexing them into the inverted postion (and bending them out of shape). I've subsequently added an extra leaf and bumpstops and it hasn't dropped since.

Back