• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

homemade top hat

SUA SPONTE

NAXJA Forum User
Just got off the phone with olympic offroad products to see if they would sell me just the gutter mounts. My plan was to fab up my own top hat using their mounts. For whatever reason, Olympic doesnt want to sell them. Jon over at auburn mentioned warrior. Any one have any other ideas?

Just got off the phone with olympic offroad products to see if they would sell me just the gutter mounts. My plan was to fab up my own top hat using their mounts. For whatever reason, Olympic doesnt want to sell them. Jon over at auburn mentioned warrior. Any one have any other ideas?

I have used Yakima for many gutter mounts for different racks.
Thule also makes them. You can copy any variety of industrial versions from van's with ladder racks also.

Michael

Make your own.
There easy
I have my rack that someone made that I found at the junk yard and it has not riped off and I have hit trees with it.

I can send you a pick of what the gutter mounts look like.
PM me a cell phone number or and email

I'm surprised nobody has suggested just building a hybrid cage yet.

Find 4 other people and I will get Olympic to sell them to me. We've got a long-standing relationship and I'm confident we can get a deal going if it's worthwhile.

I'm surprised nobody has suggested just building a hybrid cage yet.

Easier said then done.

Bender w/ dies= $750
Welder= $900
DOM= $300
Beer= $50

$2000 Probably cheap to pay to have it done.

Back