• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Glamis

Jump This

Just another minion!
We spent the weekend out in Glamis with Matty, Chelsea and friends.
One quick pict. of Matty just before he broke my buggie.
I'll post more later....
dscn0555.jpg

We're headed back out in two weeks but I don't think I'll have the new tcase in the XJ by then so it will just be the bikes for us. Sorry to hear the rail is down...

Chris

We spent the weekend out in Glamis with Matty, Chelsea and friends.
One quick pict. of Matty just before he broke my buggie.
I'll post more later....
dscn0555.jpg

Had an awesome time. That buggy is F'ing rediculously fast! Ive never been in something that accelerates so violently, its insane.
Sorry breaking it too mate. But with the way you drive that thing, something was going to break soon. Im still shaking from the ride you took me on!
Nice pic, I think my motorhome looks pimp in the background too :D

I'll pull the buggy out of the trailer tomorrow and probably have it fixed before this weekend.
I still feel bad (well....kinda') about how hard I drove when I took Matty out for his maiden voyage into the sand dunes. Matty told me, if he had a heart rate monitor on, he would have had it pegged a few times!

:D

Seriously, it was gnarly. I had never been to any sand dunes in my life. So Rick broke me in good. It was crazy how fast that buggy could accelerate and how well it turned.
The dunes were huge and the way we crossed over the tops of them from one to another was crazy. One time we were heading straight up one, 4th gear pinned & i was thinking "XXXX we're going to take off". He hit the brakes hard about 30' from the top and we just crested smooth. Bastard, had me screaming "OOOOOHHHHHHH SSSSHHHHHHHIIIITTTTT"!!
Then we stopped in the middle of no where and Rick says "Ok, your turn"
Man, it was fun!!!
Thanks Rick!

Sand Rails are crazy fun.

Thanks for the pics and the story. Nice new RV Matty!! I am going to get a new bigger one when the boat is paid off. I have outgrown mine. It looks like you got the right one the first time.

KH

KH

He broke one of those lame tortion bar eliminator plates.
When I went to the coiled shocks I bought an adjustable plate, and it cracked around the pin and pulled the hiem apart. Not a big deal (but it was funny listening to Matty try to explain how he was only 15' in the air and when he landed it made a strange CRACK sound....)

Sweet buggy rick!....and im diggin the rv Matty, why did you decide to go with the class A

Did you get a Class A? I thought you were looking for a C.

I was open to both but the more i looked i started leaning towards an A Class. Then the right deal came along from a private seller in Placentia.

Sweet buggy rick!....and im diggin the rv Matty, why did you decide to go with the class A

Really because of the size, just a little roomier than the C Classes i was checking out. Its 29' long and drives really nice. Its a 1999 (sold new in 2000), 454 Vortec Chevy powered. 1 Owner, 29000 Miles, Bilstein shocks and super clean. I paid 16K for it. Havent towed the jeep yet but it pulled a 16' trailer with a buggy, quad, 2 dirt bikes and a bunch of other stuff really easy. So far im stoked with it!

He broke one of those lame tortion bar eliminator plates.
When I went to the coiled shocks I bought an adjustable plate, and it cracked around the pin and pulled the hiem apart. Not a big deal (but it was funny listening to Matty try to explain how he was only 15' in the air and when he landed it made a strange CRACK sound....)

Honestly,i felt like shit when it happened. Its not cool breaking your buddys junk when they lend it to you to take your girlfriend for a spin.

Sounds like you got a really good deal Matty, good luck with the new camper!

thats a sick buggy! did you build it?

Yeah, I built it. Bought the bare frame in '98 and it has gone through many phases of its construction. This last off season I installed a turbo Subaru engine and a beefy tranny.
And like Matty said, it is scary fast.
If your V8 ain't built, don't bother trying to catch me at the drags.

Back