• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting new leafs, quick question

go with the re's.

I got a quote from deavers about 2 months ago, he wanted ~$600 for 2 leaf springs. Not worth it at all in my opinion. for that much, you could fab up a rear coil setup and still have money left over.

RE's all the way

I have ran RE's for 5 years with no issues. I have had 3.5's and 4.5's. I am currently running DPG leafs. They are very comparable to RE's.

No experience with Rusty's.

buy the deavers once instead of buying RE or rustys 2 or 3 times.
I only wish I had... and will be doing so as soon as my rears are worn out

I love beav....err Deaver springs! the ride is awesome. I had custom packs built for more lift and more weight. Expensive yes, but they wont wear out as fast

Deaver, National, Big Offroad, or DPGs.

Had 2sets of RE's and Deavers for the last year. No comparison really. Deavers flex better, ride better and offer way more control in off camber situations. You get what you pay for.

Depending on the lift (sounds like 3.5 inch), buying Deaver or National, et al; would be a waste - just to swap them out in a year or two when the next height is desired.

Of the two, the RE's will have less shipping costs, better customer service and they won't lie to you and tell you that they have shipped when they haven't - then blame it on the shipper, but never give you a tracking number until they HAVE shipped, hypotheticaly... :gee:

If you were looking at 5 inches or more, I'd say consider Deaver or National (if we can get the group discount back).

bburge

I'm running 35's on a 5 inch lift using 3 inch leaves.
it flexes amazingly in my mind and on the web so far
:D
haven't gotten a chance to wheel it yet.
but really, you don't need 6 inch leaves for a 6 inch lift.
the flatter the leaf the better the flex

Back