• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon express super-flex joint.

tomhil

NAXJA Forum User
I saw these on quadratec and they say they replace the OEM control arm bushings. But I cant find anyone that has pics or has done it. All ive seen people change them into are rubicon arms.

It may seem like a dum question, But I just want to know for sure that they will work for stock control arms?

Yes I said a bad word Stock. But I have no entension of lifting or getting different arms. I cant lift it.

I need to change my bushings and thought these would be a tuff, long lasting way to go.

Thanks.

Dont EVEN consider it on stock control arms.

has the same wording (copy and paste) on RE's website. http://rubiconexpress.com/Search/Product.aspx?part=RE3791

Still, I'd suggest calling RE and talking to one of the guys there before ordering. Mainly because they don't say OEM, they say "factory" and don't specify whose factory. Jeep or RE. They might mean that they replace the old style RE arms with bushings to upgrade to the flex joint.

That part comes up as a builder part. I'd definately call them up and ask before I ordered it. I don't think it's designed to be a drop in replacement so much as an alternative when you're building your own control arms.

That part comes up as a builder part. I'd definately call them up and ask before I ordered it. I don't think it's designed to be a drop in replacement so much as an alternative when you're building your own control arms.

Yeah, that's a builder end. The description is a bit misleading...but what they're saying is that the width/size is similar to that of the factory upper end. It's not meant to go inside a factory arm, it's just the builder joint you'd use to make your own upper arms.

If your factory joints are shot, get some good Clevite ones and call it a day. McQuay/Norris ones from Schuck's ought to take care of it. I paid $7 each for the last ones I bought. They're the same as their $30 bushings, but have a raw steel sleeve instead of a pretty zinc one. :dunce:

Could be OEM "replacement" for the axle end UCA bushing... which is in the housing, not the control arm.

Could be OEM "replacement" for the axle end UCA bushing... which is in the housing, not the control arm.

No, that won't fit in there.

As said before, those are a builder's part, they won't go into the OEM control arms. They are a "replacement," for the factory upper rubber bushings. i.e. they will work in the same place the factory rubber bushings went.

Last edited:
This sucks then.

Then hey need to say they are only are ment for there control arms. Im sure im not the only one that could have the wrong impresion.

I was wanting something like this to work. I cant lift my jeep because of fallen trees we drive under on the trails. I barlie fit under as it is.

Rubber ones will wear out, not any time soon but they will. People here have told me not to put urathan ones in because there to stiff and put more stess on everything. I dont have 500$ for getting different control arms.

Im still intent on doing something like this, even if it means making something work. All i need to find out is the out side diamiter of the small or large and see if i can work with it.

I also wish i could fine a jonhy joint for the leaf springs to.

This sucks then.

Then hey need to say they are only are ment for there control arms. Im sure im not the only one that could have the wrong impresion.

I was wanting something like this to work. I cant lift my jeep because of fallen trees we drive under on the trails. I barlie fit under as it is.

Rubber ones will wear out, not any time soon but they will. People here have told me not to put urathan ones in because there to stiff and put more stess on everything. I dont have 500$ for getting different control arms.

Im still intent on doing something like this, even if it means making something work. All i need to find out is the out side diamiter of the small or large and see if i can work with it.

I also wish i could fine a jonhy joint for the leaf springs to.

Your trail has fallen trees across it and its still open? Nobody wants to do trail maintenance?

So MoparManiac, These do replace the bushings for sure? Sweet.
Thanks.

Yes, here in yakima and Naches there are trails with trees that have fallen across and you drive under them. Lifted rigs have to go around or a different trail. The trees have been there a long time.

Back