• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cut-40 series plasma cutter anyone?

etaniyani

NAXJA Forum User
hey, not really sure where this topic should have been posted. but anyways. I picked up this cut-40 plasma cutter, 220v. manufactured in china of course lool.

I cant manage to get it to cut properly.

I have the air hooked up, with their pressure gauge at 4.5 kg per sq inch.

doesn't maintain a consistent arc. wont cleanly cut sheet metal when it does manage to maintain a fluid spark.

Anyone have this unit? any small settings to play with to get it to start working? its supposed to be able to cut up to .48" smoothly. thanks in advance.

i'll get a picture up tomorrow so you guys can see the actual unit.

Kg per sq inch....what kind of unit of measure is that. Does your jeep have 100 lb-meters or torque too. haha.
Anyways, converting that equals 10 psi of air pressure which is way to low. turn the air up to 60 psi

Kg per sq inch....what kind of unit of measure is that. Does your jeep have 100 lb-meters or torque too. haha.
Anyways, converting that equals 10 psi of air pressure which is way to low. turn the air up to 60 psi

Do a search on Pirate4x4.com... the owner of that company gives direct support and service. I think in the vendor forum.

I have the hypertherm and i set my psi at 80.. Just like he said, way tooooooo low! play with it, start out at 50 or so and go from there..

Back