• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

enough up travel? LOL

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
swapped out my 33's for the 30's off my wrecked jeep.
IMAG0048.jpg

drives a hell of alot better, and my bumpstops work now. im thinking the 30's with the 4.5" lift will work as a good combo for some light running. i do need to do something with the bumpstops maybe prothane, i dont know. need to get more time in to figure out what i need to screw with.

You should've seen mine before getting the 33s. I had it at 6" with massively cut front fenders and 30s at that point. It was pretty funny looking.

How do you like the Dunlop MT's ?

the mud rovers are really nice tires, i would buy them again... and i probably will there pretty cheap

Haha, man... you won't like running 30's on the go fast stuff, it'll catch too much. A 33 will roll over it much better. As for up travel, there's nothing wrong with stuffing tires, that's why most of us have glass fenders.

yea thats the only thing im worried about is smacking an axle into something, but my jeep mainly sees road use. so im not too worried

Haha, man... you won't like running 30's on the go fast stuff, it'll catch too much. A 33 will roll over it much better. As for up travel, there's nothing wrong with stuffing tires, that's why most of us have glass fenders.

The ride will be smoother to.

the mud rovers are really nice tires, i would buy them again... and i probably will there pretty cheap

ya I've looked at 'em before. Want to sell them ? My DD need,s 30's.:)

yea thats the only thing im worried about is smacking an axle into something, but my jeep mainly sees road use. so im not too worried
I'm not talking about hitting an axle or anything like that, that's bound to happen. I'm speaking of rolling resistance. The 30" tire is going to have a harder time going over a bump than a 33" would, and will put more stress on your suspension components as it's going to try to almost stop your Jeep as you hit it vs. having the suspension work like it's supposed to and move upwards.

Why do you think a lot of trophy truck guys are going 37" tires?

ya I've looked at 'em before. Want to sell them ? My DD need,s 30's.:)

$400

I'm not talking about hitting an axle or anything like that, that's bound to happen. I'm speaking of rolling resistance. The 30" tire is going to have a harder time going over a bump than a 33" would, and will put more stress on your suspension components as it's going to try to almost stop your Jeep as you hit it vs. having the suspension work like it's supposed to and move upwards.

Why do you think a lot of trophy truck guys are going 37" tires?

but i bet a lot of the guys running 37's are geared to that size. im not :D

You can't get 33s balanced? :tear:

i could, but whats the point there bald TSLs why not wait untill i get new ones to get them balanced

...,but whats the point there bald TSLs why not wait untill i get new ones to get them balanced
Ah,...

I see. :banghead:

"buddy of mine had 39" swampers on a Scrambler. Every time he left it parked for a couple days, it would bounce all over the place for the first 30-45 minutes while the flat spots worked themselves out.:rof:

Back