• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford DVD player install......

mgreen84

NAXJA Forum User
I got lucky and picked up a drop down / roof mounted DVD player unit from a 2003 excursion for the steep price of FREE. From what I can tell the wiring is straight forward, 12volt & ground and four out puts for speakers... only issue I am having is that the volume was controlled by the stereo volume in the excursion, so I'm not sure how to wire this thing to work in the xj... thought about using a set of external speakers like those used on a PC, where the volume is controlled by the knob on the front of the speakers..think this would work?? This would definately silence the kids on the way to the trail! I have to figure out how to install this thing!

Maybe use a stereo with an AUX input?

This is for the 12 pin and not 20 pin style DVD. i can do more digging if you have the 20 pin style.

#1- RD/YE- 12V+ BATTERY
#2- LG/BK- AUDIO SYSTEM ON
#3- LB/RD- ILLUMINATION POWER
#4- BK- SHIELD
#5- WH- SPEAKER LEFT+
#6- RD- SPEAKER RIGHT+
#7- LB/PK- AUDIO CORPORATE PROTOCOL A
#8- TN- AUDIO CORPORATE PROTOCOL B
#9- BK- GROUND
#10- BK/LG- GROUND
#11- SPEAKER LEFT-
#12- SPEAKER RIGHT-

(this should work and hook it to an fm modulator and get one that direct wires into the ant wire as you get less bleed over from radio stations.or get wireless head phone setup from your local stereo shop.)
#1- CONNECT TO POWER SOURCE HOT AT ALL TIMES
#2- CONNECT TO ACCESORY OR IGNITION
#3- CONNECT TO PARKING LIGHT WIRE
#4- NOT USED
#5- SOLDER ON A RCA PLUG ONTO #5 AND #11
#6- SOLDER ON A RCA PLUG ONTO #6 AND #12
#7- NOT USED
#8- NOT USED
#9- #9 AND #10 CONNECTED TOGETHER TO GROUND

Back