• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trek 4.5-7.5" lift kit if you had the money would you get it?

MaxxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
ok, set aside price and say you just got your tax return back and had idk... 4000 to spend on a lift, and 4.5"-7.5" lift was what you wanted ( the kits are basically the same price... about $2550 ) would this treks kit be worth the money? is there anything better out there? i noticed there is no upper control arm on it, its combined with the lower control arm which is a trip. but anyway's what your guys opinion on this lift

or what would you get in exchange for it? this kit apparently looks like its all bolt on as well.

Great company. Do a search and you will find tons of info on them. Money aside I would personally go with the 5.5 kit and run 35's.

I would go with Claytons Long Arm kit, but I am biased. I already did.

Do your re-search. Spend the money once, and get the best you can.

~James

I would definitely go with the TnT. Check the sig.

the y link eliminates the upper control arms right? do you get alot more articulation with it? is there alot of benefits to it? any draw backs?

the y link has the upper control arms attatched to the lowers.

in theory it will flex less than a 3 link or 4 link, due to inherint binding, but it is a non-issue. there is more articulation in those arms than in your shocks.

The other issue with a y link is the tendency to unload on hillclimbs, the higher you go the worse it gets.

I'm a fan of keeping things low and stable

i vote stick to the 4.5"

Removes the upper mount at the "frame", adds mad articulation, is said to bind.

I had to make this decision about a year ago and ended up going with the clayton kit with the rear coil conversion. I have been very happy with the lift but even happier with the customer service. I have even emailed back and forth with Clayton on a sunday morning about a measurement on a drawing when I was installing my lift. I am all about customer service, and clayton delivers.

Did you even bother to use the search button???

if i wanted to sit here and read all the wrong answers then i would of done so, but i asked the question that i wanted answers for to get better feedback, if you dont have such answers please direct yourself to that pretty little red X at the top right of the screen... thanks

So your going to be going from stock height to 7.5'' of lift?

What are you going to do about an SYE?
Shocks
Axle shafts
Steering
Gears
Tires
Wheels
Limit Straps
Bump Stops
Fender Trimming
Skid plates
Rock Sliders
etc.

My advise: Go wheel some more. Take your sway bars off. Trim the fenders. Do a BB first, and buy some used tires. Go wheel again. At some point you might want to get a 3-4'' kit. Rinse and Repeat. At that point, you might want to consider getting a LA kit.

No offense, but I dont think you know quite what you are getting into.

Id go with a bastard lift still. T&T arms and belly pan with RE coils, RE leafs or Rustys, billstien or better shocks, T&T steering, trac bar, and axle truss, youll have to get a new front axle b/c your sucks but keep your shafts, and get a Tom Woods SYE and drive line combo.

But its all talk unless you actually have the money and are going to actually do something.

After reading Rock krawlers site there 4.5-6.5 3 link and 4 link lift kits now come with deaver springs. that's about $ 750.00 worth of the best leafs on the market. something to consider.

My advise: Go wheel some more. Take your sway bars off. Trim the fenders. Do a BB first, and buy some used tires. Go wheel again. At some point you might want to get a 3-4'' kit. Rinse and Repeat. At that point, you might want to consider getting a LA kit.

actually im looking more at 4.5-5.5"... i dont need 7.5 i was just saying its basically the same price =/

i can wheel pretty well for what i got, you cant judge a driver by the size of his jeep.

But its all talk unless you actually have the money and are going to actually do something.

i got a little over a 1000 saved right now, i passed up the option to get the Rough country 4.5" lift and waited and saving for something better. plus i am trying to pay off my bills before i dump money into a lift

What are you going to do about an SYE?
Shocks
Axle shafts
Steering
Gears
Tires
Wheels
Limit Straps
Bump Stops
Fender Trimming
Skid plates
Rock Sliders
etc.

he'll just post a new thread each time he needs one of those things, cuz obviously the search function gives him the wrong answer every time

if i wanted to sit here and read all the wrong answers then i would of done so, but i asked the question that i wanted answers for to get better feedback, if you dont have such answers please direct yourself to that pretty little red X at the top right of the screen... thanks

You are an angry little man! A simple no would work nicely.

I would personally go with a 4.5 and 33's for low COG.

Nominated!

Last edited:
You are an angry little man! A simple no would work nicely.

I would personally go with a 4.5 and 33's for low COG.

Nominated!

i was looking at more towards 4.5"... you shouldnt be bothered by that answer... i used to be alot worse with my responses... shoot i didnt even cuss this time

Back