• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear wiper

99_XJ_

NAXJA Forum User
My Rear wiper recently quit working "properly". It will only wipe if i hold the button down to spray fluid. I noticed that it will kick on an wipe intermitently when i hit a pothole or bump in the road. Even does this when the switch is in the off position. Started this during the winter when constant buildup of salt spray accumulated on rear window - requiring frequent use of rear wiper. :lecture:

Anyone?

Change the switch, cost like $23.50 or go to the pick and pull and find one that will fit... cost $2.00 or so if you are lucky

Is it making a complete cycle? Mine will crap out 1/4 of the way up and stop, sometimes a bump, or something else will get it the rest of the way. My motor is dying, it got a new switch 6 or so months ago.

Is it making a complete cycle? Mine will crap out 1/4 of the way up and stop, sometimes a bump, or something else will get it the rest of the way. My motor is dying, it got a new switch 6 or so months ago.

Mine was doing that, swapped motors & every thing is fine. JIM.

If i hit a bump it will kick on regardless of swich position. But if i move the switch it will park the wiper and quit.

Back