• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zj spring swap

westvirginia24976

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched for more information on the zj coils swap, but I keep seeing references to use front springs and others to use the rear springs. Do the front zj v8 springs fit the xj or do the rear v8 zj springs fit the xj. I am mounting a heavy bumper on a 95 xj with 260k on the clock. She runs like a top, but has sagged a bit and I want to stay close to stock and carry the extra weight.

i'm about to do the same swap to mine. i am under the impression that the fronts are the correct springs, because they're loaded heavier for the v8. if you don't hear back from me the fronts worked. otherwise i'll let ya know.

Front V8 springs

Thanks to you both. I also wondered why the v8 would have made a difference if using rear coils, but there were several references made that led me to wonder. Thank you again.

can you use the rear zj coils for front xj coils then? any benefit?

so to clarify

the 4.0 zj front coils are useless as an upgrade,

and only the wj lcas are desirable? (side note sorry)

Back