• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats your fav. tire?

Brandon41177

NAXJA Forum User
i was just curious about your favorite tires? im thinking of going with a new set of tires. i have cooper discovery tires right now but i want to try a new one. list some pros and cons please..

So far i have a list

BFG KM2
Bridgestone Dueler revo
kumho KL71 M/t
Federal Couragia M/t
Trxus M/T
S/S TSL

Tires i wont ever Purchase
BFG A/T Ko
SS Thornbirds

I have run the following sets of tires and here is the order in which I prefer them.

1. Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ
2. BFG KM2
3. Maxxis Bighorn
4. Procomp MT 3 ply
5. Procomp MT 2 ply
6. BFG AT
7. BFG KM1
8. Mickey Thompson Baja Claw

I have run the following sets of tires and here is the order in which I prefer them.

1. Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ
2. BFG KM2
3. Maxxis Bighorn
4. Procomp MT 3 ply
5. Procomp MT 2 ply
6. BFG AT
7. BFG KM1
8. Mickey Thompson Baja Claw

You like the MTZ? For what terrain? I have heard this tire is obsolete in every aspect and has nothing to make it sell over another, but i really like them and was considering buying them.

I run SSRs, good tire for the combo of street vs extreme trails, however it is pricey

... so far ive only ran the bfg KM1's and i love them, snow, mud, dirt rocks and sand seems to be sketchy on if i like them or not, but that could be cuz i ran them at 15psi

i am only running 235/75/15's but everyone else i run with runs 33's and 35's bfg mt's and they apparently like them, they are tried and true tire's you cant really go wrong with them imo

It depends on the size you want to run and the terrain and how much you wheel. I know a lot of people up here love the KM2s.

Last edited:
maxxis creepy crawlers, they are by far the best performing offroad tires i have ever ran. and are GREAT on the street. the downfall is they don't last very long 15-20k miles (which isnt bad for a tire as aggresssive as it is. But they also cost a pretty penny

I enjoy my Dick Cepek FC-IIs, vastly superior to the BFG ATs I used to have.

best overall tire i have run is the toyo mt's in 37" flavor.
not bad on the road and excellent offroad in rocks and mud.
high dollar though unfortunately.

Why do you say ew? Even though they're supposed to be a mud tire and they suck in the mud but they handle in the rocks. Besides I hate the mud. And for the price I love em!

WTF they are not a mud tire at all they are Maximum Traction/Reinforced(as in sidewall):gee:, forget mud that is not what they are for nor were designed for.

Last edited:
Back