• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cost effectiveness

89RockHeep

NAXJA Forum User
In all honesty what do you guys have into your dana 30 $$ wise,im trying to weigh out just getting a HP44 cost to just beefing the snot outa my 30, this is my dd, but ive got alot of down time. im getting ready to make the swap from my 33's to 35's, i have rims for any pattern so thats not a concern. and i happen to have a set of flat tops at my will.
Base line here is i have a heavy foot. My 30's been a champion for what it is, considering what ive done. but i dont think itll take the 35's in stock form.

im in the same boat. do you have an auto? Itll be harder to mess up and grenade your 30 if you do. if your just running 35s you should be fine.

Yep, but its stroked, with some other stuff here and there, im hoping that im around 260 hp,and very hopefully around 300ft/lb tq

Last edited:
44 just isnt that much better. IMO if you need more than alloy shafts you should be going driectly to a custom axle or a 60.

Daily driven, cost effective, i do plan on building what ever axle i may end up with, fact of the matter, i can get a hp44,9 combo for 250, but then i have to buy a truss system and such, this is the dilemma cost to build a 30 or cost to drop in a front and rear,funds are tight. 60 is over kill and over priced for me for 35's in my opinion. especially with the cost of custom shafts, i couldnt personally dd a rig on 60's

Just a couple of questions that might help the more tech savvy folk (not me!)...

Is the axle locked? Will it be?

What sort of wheeling do you do? (Mud, rocks, trails?)

What is your driving style? Aggressive with the loud pedal, or do you try and finesse your rig through a tough spot?

That's all I can think of right now.

:)

Back