• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement Overhead Console display

sjx40250

NAXJA Forum User
Well my display went south on me over time.:sure: It wouldn't come on for a couple of miles then it would be there. Now it never shows up.

I know it is the PCBA, or a componant on it. I took the console out of the 90 and stuck it in the 92 and it worked fine.
There is a voltage regulator, L4812CV, that gets too hot:firedevil to touch. It has an over temp protection built in which makes me think it has failed. I am not a EE so really don't know what to conclude.

Other than getting one from a Junk Yard, anyone have experience with this failure? Do you know where I can get a replacement circuit board assembly?

Oh yeah. There is power to the lights.

Hallo. Do you mean this little bastard?

I do have the same problems with it. I swapped every thing, but no result. :bawl:

p.s. I didn't find a volt regulator in the console. If you mean the one that is in the headlight switch? I know.

'92 XJ

Last edited:
I took the console out of the 90 and stuck it in the 92 and it worked fine.....

So the wiring is ok.

There is a voltage regulator, L4812CV, that gets too hot to touch, failure? .....Do you know where I can get a replacement circuit board assembly?

Either replace the voltage regulator or get a used PCB from the junkyard.

Back