• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

f-250 hybrid leaf packs?

TLowery04

NAXJA Forum User
Me and my housemate recently picked up some extra xj rear leafs and some from a early 90's ford f-250. I know its a bastardized project but what true jeeper doesn't use everything possible?

we used the first xj spring with the eyes
the second f-250 which is almost as long as the first one
the second xj spring
the third or fourth f-250 spring
and the little bitty spring from the xj

we are going to look for bands and a a bolt for the middle tonight but i just wanted to ask if anyone has tried it before?

the leafs are the same 2.5" wide and almost the same thickness of metal, both the ford and xj leafs were shot but together they boast what appears to be 2-3" difference sitting on the ground and dont flatten out nearly as easy with a 250 lb man standing on them.

advice? ideas?

neither of us have any experiance in this department which is why we picked up something else to try it on, and if it doesnt work for some reason we can put everything back together.

if nothing else this has convinced my roomated he needs an SYE.

Well when you get it finished post pictures up.. Sounds like you can load it down and it sit the same. I would imagine it riding stiff

yeah ill get pictures up as we go through final assembly and install, then we will see how well it rides. I can't take full responsibility for the project though it was mainly his idea im just the one that frequents the forums. It could go horribly wrong but we'll see :looney:

well i dont have any pictures but i finished this a while back... he ended up with 5.5" of lift and decent flex from the springs being blown in the first place.

i'll email him and ask him to take a few pictures for me to post up, it really did turn out quite nice.

pretty sure they were off a 2wd

the f-250 had no rearend under it, but the springs were almost like the xj springs in height, and the same width but completely buckled when i stood on them, i weighed around 265 pounds or so at the time, the xj prings had the tires rubbing the wheel wells

found a few pictures of the install and leafs as my roomate was assembling them, oddly enough i can't find the picture of it complete, I'll have to give him a ring and see if he can email a new picture

Back