• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks Question Please

2001XJ-32

NAXJA Forum User
I have an '01 with a 4.5" RE lift and the RE shocks that came with the kit. I bought the Jeep with this installed and love it but wwant more.

It would be great to have a softer ride, I know it is a Jeep, and am not sure if I just go with a softer valving if that is going to get me the soft ride I want and what the down side of that is.

Anyone want to just download the the basics to me here? i ask as I am considering a set of 5150's for the front and I have some Rancho's that I can stick on the back... I know the 5150 is a good shock but is it what I am after?

:cheers:

For the most comfortable ride, id go with OMEs.

my .02

Great... :D

n6310842_34578825_9132.jpg

n6310842_34578826_9462.jpg

My XJ had OMEs, front and back for about 75,000 miles. Good shocks.

Last year. Looking for a softer off-road ride, I changed the front shocks to 10" 5150s. In the dirt, I'm amaze at how compliant the front feels without bottoming. They are less harsh than the OMEs.
But, for street driving, I preferred the firmer OME front shocks.
Since the XJ is now more of a play vehicle, the 5150s are great.
If I was still driving it 70 miles round trip to work, I would go with OMEs
So how is that for a non-answer ? LOL

BTW, the OMEs are available in a softer 'Comfort' version as well as the standard edition.

When I do the rear shocks, it will be another set of 5150s.

Back