• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Immigrants didn't cause your problems!

Biased author....I want to see his proof of citizenship :D

And that brings me to what really bothers me about this controversy. It's a sad state of affairs when people who were born in this, the freest and most prosperous country on Earth -- instantly becoming U.S. citizens, no less -- with a free education and every other opportunity to improve their lives find themselves afraid to compete with a group of people who don't have legal status, often can't speak English, and usually have no more than a 6th-grade education.
My fellow Americans, stop your trembling. Show some dignity. If you don't like competing with illegal immigrants, try making better choices. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Turn off those TV shows that constantly bash globalization and immigration.
Go back to school. Get more training. Move out of the comfort zone of your hometown to take a job in another state, if necessary. Take responsibility for your own life. And stop thinking the world owes you a living.

Yes, by chance and luck I was born here in the US. Why are we get provided for? Because it is in the nation's best interest to educate its population.

Illegal immigration might be the lowest in years because of the economy, but that doesn't mean yesteryear's immigrants aren't part of the many problems and social ills.

I agree with the taking control of your life part, but honestly, this guy has never sought work in a non-white-collar job before. I was out at a blueberry farm near where I live picking blueberries. I met the owner of the farm and asked him if he ever employs students to help with the corn harvest and other various harvests. His reply? "We usually hire the Mexicans to do that." Meaning, "What's a white kid in college asking me about a job picking corn thinking?" If we take jobs that normally we wouldn't think to do (corn picking, lettuce harvesting etc.) we'll be better off because its American money and American work.
/personal anecdote.

Who paid for that illegal immigrant to be born here.
Been many studies on this, most with an agenda, you average out the answers and illegal aliens are tax neutral. They do pay taxes, some they don't and there are some benefits they are denied, it all averages out to mostly tax neutral.
Actually what skews there tax balance is the age of immigration, the average is around thirty years old. If they illegally immigrated earlier, the tax balance (between what they pay and what they receive) would favor the citizens.

Yes, by chance and luck I was born here in the US. Why are we get provided for? Because it is in the nation's best interest to educate its population.

Illegal immigration might be the lowest in years because of the economy, but that doesn't mean yesteryear's immigrants aren't part of the many problems and social ills.

I agree with the taking control of your life part, but honestly, this guy has never sought work in a non-white-collar job before. I was out at a blueberry farm near where I live picking blueberries. I met the owner of the farm and asked him if he ever employs students to help with the corn harvest and other various harvests. His reply? "We usually hire the Mexicans to do that." Meaning, "What's a white kid in college asking me about a job picking corn thinking?" If we take jobs that normally we wouldn't think to do (corn picking, lettuce harvesting etc.) we'll be better off because its American money and American work.
/personal anecdote.

You think of wage earnings in levels, you remove the bottom row, the pressure is going to be down, not up. Not enough labor to pick Strawberries, the likely scenario is Strawberries will be imported, jobs and income lost.
Sure there is going to be some downward pressure, when you have two workers doing the same job and one does it for less. But if the wages ever reach parody, workers may enjoy a temporary advantage, but will eventually pay more for products. In the end no net gain and again if the product becomes too expensive to produce in America, the jobs will move overseas.
My point is, people look for simple answers to complex problems, like throw all the Mexicans out. Something like 1 in 6 of every Mexican citizen is living illegally in the U.S. So we throw them out of our life raft back into Mexico and Mexico sinks, problem is the Mexican life raft is tied to Americas. Kind of a shoot yourself in the foot scenario isn't it?
People refuse to talk about the Elephant in the room, which is Mexicans in general are wiling to do more for less (I mean actual work producing something) and raise bigger families while doing it.

You think of wage earnings in levels, you remove the bottom row, the pressure is going to be down, not up. Not enough labor to pick Strawberries, the likely scenario is Strawberries will be imported, jobs and income lost.
Sure there is going to be some downward pressure, when you have two workers doing the same job and one does it for less. But if the wages ever reach parody, workers may enjoy a temporary advantage, but will eventually pay more for products. In the end no net gain and again if the product becomes too expensive to produce in America, the jobs will move overseas.
My point is, people look for simple answers to complex problems, like throw all the Mexicans out. Something like 1 in 6 of every Mexican citizen is living illegally in the U.S. So we throw them out of our life raft back into Mexico and Mexico sinks, problem is the Mexican life raft is tied to Americas. Kind of a shoot yourself in the foot scenario isn't it?
People refuse to talk about the Elephant in the room, which is Mexicans in general are wiling to do more for less (I mean actual work producing something) and raise bigger families while doing it.

First off, I think the word you were looking for was "parity" not "parody" - although wages (at levels below corporate managerial) are bordering on farcical anyhow.

Part of the reason I've long advocated the NRST is simple - if you're here and you buy stuff, you pay taxes. Set an NRST rate of 7-10%, eliminate the FITW (which is patently unfair and unbalanced from the off - there are altogether too many loopholes to avoid paying taxes, if you have the money to exploit them...) and go forward from there.

Since that should result in currently illegal aliens suddenly paying taxes instead of providing a simple drain upon the system, we would suddenly see vital services receiving funding (I can only hope. Unless Congresscritters have gotten more bassackwards than I give them credit for.)

I'd still like to see "anchor babies" and suchlike being rescinded as legal provisions - but the NRST, elimination of FITW, and a streamlining of government (since they keep wanting to make NRST "revenue neutral" - meaning a rate of 17-22% or so, which is patently unrealistic,) would work toward solving more problems than we first think.

Under the system as it stands, I say deport and start to cripple the unions' negotation power (since that's a lot of what has killed the economy up here, in addition to the avarice of execs...) but I won't deny that the system needs to be fixed - and if it's repaired effectively, we would find much more amenable and effective solutions to these problems.

First off, I think the word you were looking for was "parity" not "parody" - although wages (at levels below corporate managerial) are bordering on farcical anyhow.

Part of the reason I've long advocated the NRST is simple - if you're here and you buy stuff, you pay taxes. Set an NRST rate of 7-10%, eliminate the FITW (which is patently unfair and unbalanced from the off - there are altogether too many loopholes to avoid paying taxes, if you have the money to exploit them...) and go forward from there.

Since that should result in currently illegal aliens suddenly paying taxes instead of providing a simple drain upon the system, we would suddenly see vital services receiving funding (I can only hope. Unless Congresscritters have gotten more bassackwards than I give them credit for.)

I'd still like to see "anchor babies" and suchlike being rescinded as legal provisions - but the NRST, elimination of FITW, and a streamlining of government (since they keep wanting to make NRST "revenue neutral" - meaning a rate of 17-22% or so, which is patently unrealistic,) would work toward solving more problems than we first think.

Under the system as it stands, I say deport and start to cripple the unions' negotation power (since that's a lot of what has killed the economy up here, in addition to the avarice of execs...) but I won't deny that the system needs to be fixed - and if it's repaired effectively, we would find much more amenable and effective solutions to these problems.

Part or much of the problem is the solution almost has to be incremental and far reaching. The nature of politics is, almost as soon as a program is in place, partisan politics, the people nibbling around the edges for advantage and plain old incompetence almost dooms any effort from inception. A process requiring decades is unlikely to survive.
Capitalism seems to work the best in a broad brush sort of way, but there is also a lot of waste inherent in the system. Plus the system seems to be way too top heavy.
I was probably writing parity and thinking the whole thing was a joke anyway, when I wrote parody.:) People fighting all the time for advantage, another group trying keep there wages abreast of inflation and at the same time driving inflation with wage increases. IMO much of the ballast inherent in the system (as is) is at the top and not at the bottom.

Back