• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cant find new harmonic balancer for 01 xj

mrtosh

NAXJA Forum User
Called all the local auto parts stores even checked rock auto. To no avail all they list is up to 2000 for a HB. Stealership wants 200 bucks for a new one. Anybody know of where to find one?
Thanks in advance guys,
Sean

Hmm. I'm thinking that would work but am wondering why all the parts stores cutoff was 2000 for the 4.0 from the xj, zj, and tj and the quadratec one listed for 84-01? Was there any difference in the balancer itself throughout the years?

I dont see a reason why the harmonic balancer would be any different through the years. Even more so that it changed only on year after all the years of production.

I called quadratec and one is apparently for a zj. Also called the dealership and had them cross refrence a HB from a 99 to one for a 01. Same numbers. Apparently they're the same from 87-06. Thini I'll go with the one from quadratec. Cheaper and comes with a new crank seal. I've changed plenty of these on newer LS series motors and the seal is driven into the timing chain cover from the outside. Is it the same on the 4.0?

Back