• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some assistance

matttaylor1976

NAXJA Forum User
I went to fire up the jeep this morning, and it backfired. No big deal except that it sounded like a 16 gauge going off, and scared the crap out of my girlfriend..... then i noticed that the idle was rough, and my number 4 injector is leaking pretty bad, and i have what sounds like a vacuum leak. It was dark out, but i couldnt find any vacuum lines detached...any ideas? Could the leaky injector be the cause of the vacuum leak sound? I drove 15 miles to work, and the jeep ran perfect.

Its an 88 with 4.0 and auto trans

DO NOT drive it anymore until you fix the injector leak!

As for the leak sound, use a piece of hose, one end to your ear, the other to various points in the engine bay.
i think Jp did a article on putting in 07 ford f150 injectors, and also mentioned(and pictured) in the article was the remains of a project mj that caught fire due to the injector leaking on the hot manifolds

Back