• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iroks 36's vs 37's

NJblackdeath4x4

NAXJA Forum User
on the interco website they list the 36x13.5 irok radials at 81 lbs. the 37x12.5 however is only 77 lbs.

im gunna be running a waggy 44 front and ive heard 37's are pushing it to the limit but wouldnt the weight of the 36 make it worse than the 37?

i cant imagine the diameter of a tire making more of a difference than the weight of the tire/rim but if im wrong someone correct me

Their 36" iroks measure 36.8 anyway, so its pretty much a 37" tire. Bother of those tires are going to run a lot of stress on the waggy, but you should be fine. There are plenty of guys running huge tires on dana 30s. It depends on how you drive, but i beg you to reconsider that waggy 44.

the tire ur thinkin of is the bias ply. the radial supposedly measures to an even 36

the reason im considering the waggy 44 is because i dont want to have to cut down an axle to stock width

how much is the waggy 44 build going to cost you? What about going with a TJ or JK44? You can get a built 44 (stronger than the rubicon axles) with whatevre gears you want, alloy shafts, cover, and locker for 2700

lol im lookin to spend 150-200 on the axle n im gunna run it stock till i break somethin n then ill probly be pickin up some alloys and a riddler cover

yea a waggy 44 is lp which is only a lil stronger than my hp30 but it is stronger in the end

i have no idea lol but ill find out when i start it. i dont think theres much more to it than the brackets

I have been running 37" Toyo MT's on a built D30 for a few years now with no troubles. Axle has an ARB, alloy shafts, and CTM's which is a little spendy, but it works. I am fairly light on the skinny pedal though, mostly crawlin.

i have a spare 36" irok and that sucker is HEAVY, i was contemplating 37s on my D30 with a truss, ARB diff cover, and aussie...but after picking up that tire, im thinking upgraded shafts and u-joints is an absolute MUST with any thing over 35s

yea...a waggy 44 is only 10% stronger then a d30..lol

id love to see the study where this low pinion being weaker then HP is proven.

and whoever is spending 3000 on building a dana 44 has lost their mind. ive got about 1200 into my build including the price of the axle. im running 38 inch SX on my 44 on stock shafts and haven't had any problems and their larger and heavier then iroks

and whoever is spending 3000 on building a dana 44 has lost their mind. ive got about 1200 into my build including the price of the axle. im running 38 inch SX on my 44 on stock shafts and haven't had any problems and their larger and heavier then iroks
I spent around $2700 on a LP 44 with Alloy USA chromos and Yukon Superjoints. Before all was said and done, I tore up a stock waggy shaft on 35" BFGs my first night out. A waggy shaft minor DIA is smaller than a D30

not everyone wheels exclusively on dirt

well...you got me on that one. haven't really gotten to play in the rocks. there aren't really any around here.

and schmoken. even if i factor alloy shafts, and yukon superjoints into mine ive still got less then 2g in it

I just went back and looked and it was more along the lines of $2250, I forgot I had added the price of tools rims and other random stuff for a "total price to run" of sorts. Are you running 5x5.5 or 6x5.5?

I think a HP44 swap is the only way to go if youre going to do it, anyone have an idea how much a fabricator would charge to cut, shorten and rotate the tubes? This seems to be the main reason guys go with waggy44s, that and the relative rareness of HP44s

I am in the process of narrowing a HP44 to waggy width. I got some waggy shafts, measured them next to the ones that came out of the ford. Cut the welds on the knuckles and pounded them off, measured the tubes and cut to match the waggy shafts....really not too hard! I havent lined up the knuckles yet to reset the whole thing, but it really wasnt too bad once you just start doing it, and i did it all with a 4.5" grinder w/ cutting wheel. There are plenty of other threads on how to do it with lots of detail.

wat is it about a lp44 that makes it weaker than a hp44

Back