• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zj coils and 2" spacers

moparjim1987

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone ran this combo? i am about ready to put my lift on my jeep and was wondering about how much lift to expect from this. i am looking for a .75 or 1" spacer also to add more lift if that isn't enough. thanks

The ZJ coils will give right around an inch. A buddy of mine runs the ZJ coils and a Teraflex 1.75 spacer for a little over 2.5 inches. He has a heavy bumper and winch though.

I have run this setup and agree with what is said, you should expect between 1 & 2 inches depending on the condition of the springs and your equipment. I liked those springs and they rode well for me. What are you going to do for the rear? Id base my spacer decision on that.

my rear leaves are going to be a combination of the stock main leaf, 2nd main cut down from a dodge 3/4 ton main, and 3rd the 2nd from the dodge, and them a combo of stock ones after that. mainly to carry weight, not to add too much lift. if it isn't enough, i'm adding a 1" 0-rate aal.

When I first installed my V8 ZJ coils with a .75" coil spacer in place of the factory coil isolator I got around 2.25" of lift from this combo, and now after a year and a half the springs have sagged around 3/4". I plan to remove the existing spacer and in it's place install a 1.25" spacer back with the stock isolator. This should hopefully give me around 2.5" of lift in total which would match the rear nicely.

I'm running V8Zj coils with 2 extra (total of 3) isolators and a full set of stock leaves cut down for a B-pack and netting around 3". I ran 33x12.5 Thornbird TSL's for a while with this combo and some trimming.

because those springs are cheaper than new lift springs, and typically dont sag much more because they are used to begin with. and it seems to me that it doesn't matter how you lift it, just that you do lift it......so within reason, the cheaper the better.

My old XJ, 2" spacer & ZJ coils, MJ shackle, 2nd set of XJ leaves added into stock pack.
Ran 33x12.5s with cutout fenders
newtires.jpg

STUCK.jpg

Wife's new trail beater, 2" spacer, ZJ coils, S10 bastard pack in rear.
cut out fenders & tj flares
DSC02153.jpg

I installed used coils and a 2" spacer, sits about 2 1/2" over stock. It drives nice, trails nice. I run 235s around town, 31x10.50 off road:

v8 zj's and homemade 1.75" spacers, for about 3'' of lift.

i took it for a ride yesterday, and it rides great. even without shocks in the rear it is smooth, and very predictable on the road, even with the steering out of wack. there is some vibes, but i think either a sye or t-case drop is in order. have to see when i work on it sunday.

Back