• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FRAME STIFFENERS ???

YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO GO OUT AND MEASURE. I HAVE SOME 6 FOOT LONG SECTIONS AT HOME THAT I WILL BE MEASURING AND CUTTING SOMEDAY. AS FAR AS THICKNESS IT DEPENDS ON HOW HEAVY/EXPENSIVE/STRONG YOU WANT IT TO BE. THE THICKER AND STRONGER IT IS, THE MORE EXPENSIVE AND HEAVY IT WILL BE.

PS:please turn off caps lock. :)

I was going to use 2x2 x .125, until I purchased hd offroad's fine product!

Yeah, just save yourself some trouble and buy them. The HD ones are the tits, and they are cheap compared to how much time and effort you will save.

~James

The frame is not strait, nor level. Angle iron does not fit right.

Spend the $120 to buy a pair, and save yourself a lot of trouble.

I was going to use 2x2 x .125, until I purchased hd offroad's fine product!

That they are! OP you should buy these and help out the Good Guys art HD offroad! :D

3x3 angle 3/16 thick is what I used. Stitch weld it and plug weld it and you should be fine. I ahve had mine on for over a year with no issues.

Mine are 3x3, 1/4 thick, as for the not level/straight issue, i just measured up to where the changes start, and end. Then cut some relief lines with the torch to aid in conforming., 6 jacks stands 6 c-clamps and alot of time later...(about 6 hours including the hour drive to get the free steel) bam, frame stiffeners, started last night finished this morning.

Mine are 3x3, 1/4 thick, as for the not level/straight issue, i just measured up to where the changes start, and end. Then cut some relief lines with the torch to aid in conforming., 6 jacks stands 6 c-clamps and alot of time later...(about 6 hours including the hour drive to get the free steel) bam, frame stiffeners, started last night finished this morning.

Yes you have to cut the angle in two places for it to comform to the rail. That is how I did mine.

I have the HD ones as well and they are great. The only complaint I have is there are too many holes and I couldn't get a good weld due to some fitment issues. They are on there very good and I filled the rest with JB weld for cosmetics. If I were to do it over again I would go with the ones from ruffstuff specialties. Anything I've bought from them has been pure beef and these seem to be the most complete you are gonna find. And they're only 175
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/chassis-channel-reinforcement-p-291.html

Back