• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

valve cover

I don't think that there's any real trick, every time I have pulled the Valve Cover off it's been a different battle. If you get really frustrated you can drain the cooling system and remove the upper radiator hose as well as the heater return hose...seems to make it easier but watch for coolant escaping the water pump orifices and getting into the head once the valve cover is off...ask me how I know.

lol. that metal clip in the front of some hose is a hair too much for easily pull the thing off. thanks i'll mess with it a little more.

I just did this a few weeks back. You obviously need to unclip the throttle linkages. I unplugged the breather hoses on the manifold/throttle side, leaving it hooked up to the cover. It seemed to help pulling up on the intake side first. I also had to pull the front coolant hose towards the nose of the jeep. Also, be sure that you got the bolts that are covered by the plug wire clip.

Back