• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sweptco Fluid Exchange

FordGuy

NAXJA Forum User
Here ya go Santa!

The Fluid you want to use is Sweptco SWE-41420, It is the 20W and runs around $32.99 per Gallon. Kartek and most off-road prep shops carry it. I needed 3 Gallons to do it.

Drain all of the fluid from the pan and refill with the Sweptco Fluid. Disconnect the return line going back into the trans, I slipped a clear piece of cheap vinyl tubbing over the steel line so I could clearly see when the fluid was purged. I then took a 5gal fuel jug and put the line into it. Start the engine and as soon as you see air turn off the motor and refill the trans and repeat. You should see clean fluid by the time you are 3/4 the way threw the second Gallon, at this point you don't want to burn all of the second gallon, mine took 5 quarts after the second purge. Reconnect you line and fill it with the third gallon to the full line.

Even though this fluid is not cheap, there is no comparison to any of the stuff you can buy from an auto parts store incl royal purple. It is a fluid that is used in most earthmoving equipment, offshore race boats, Unlimited off-road race cars using auto's.

You can mix in Mercon if the need arises.

Last edited:
Here ya go Santa!

The Fluid you want to use is Sweptco SWE-41420, It is the 20W and runs around $32.99 per Gallon. Kartek and most off-road prep shops carry it. I needed 3 Gallons to do it.

Drain all of the fluid from the pan and refill with the Sweptco Fluid. Disconnect the return line going back into the trans, I slipped a clear piece of cheap vinyl tubbing over the steel line so I could clearly see when the fluid was purged. I then took a 5gal fuel jug and put the line into it. Start the engine and as soon as you see air turn off the motor and refill the trans and repeat. You should see clean fluid by the time you are 3/4 the way threw the second Gallon, at this point you don't want to burn all of the second gallon, mine took 5 quarts after the second purge. Reconnect you line and fill it with the third gallon to the full line.

Thanks Rich,u b da man.....SANTA

Even though this fluid is not cheap, there is no comparison to any of the stuff you can buy from an auto parts store incl royal purple. It is a fluid that is used in most earthmoving equipment, offshore race boats, Unlimited off-road race cars using auto's.

Here ya go Santa!

I've done mine this way for years now... I run it for shorter peroids then refill... and use standard fluid, but this way I get most of the fluid flushed out of the coolers & lines... homebrew flush...

Curt

Back