• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

advice on fixing this....

AJTorris

NAXJA Forum User
Ok well i was out messing around today. My buddy hasnt ridden in my jeep since i put my aussie in the rear and so we went playing a bit. We found a car that was dumped out in a field and i climbed on it and went a little to far. Needless to say the ground met my passenger side. My pillar bent along with part of the roof. I cant open either one of the passenger side doors. :bawl:

So my question is how could i go about fixing it. I have a junker jeep that was cut in half right behind the front doors. I was wondering how much a pain in the @$$ it would be to take the Pillars and part of the roof from that one and put onto mine. I dont think i can get the damage out of it with the original parts.:cry:

Here are some photos....
jeeptip011.jpg

jeeptip006.jpg

jeeptip001.jpg

Im thinking its a little late for advice!

-not like a taco, but definitely folded.
if you push the door opening up with a hydraulic ram, you might clearance the doors enough to open again. That pillar damage is fairly irreversible. Its a candidate for being cut, caged, and crawling rocks.

Sorry to say... for what it would cost you to fix that damage to make it a DD... you might as well buy another XJ of maybe the same year and swap whatever parts you need or want to it.

The reason I say that is that you may have problems with the seam around the replaced windsheild. It may leak terribly.

Just my .02

Last edited:
I would suggest prying the rain gutter part up so you can open the door enough.
take off the door as it's pretty trashed and it's also replaceable.
finish taking out your windshield, and get a high lift jack and start jacking up into that corner.
make sure the jack is angled right to push it out.
take out your head liner and start hammering stuff out.
get some bondo, a lot of sealant for the windshield and spend some time doing detail work.
it might buff out...

oh and next time, don't put your tire on the roof... bad idea cuz it makes your COG way higher...

Since you can't do too much more damage to it....take a handy man jack to it and see what the does. Maybe it will make is so you can at least open you doors.

I would suggest prying the rain gutter part up so you can open the door enough.
take off the door as it's pretty trashed and it's also replaceable.
finish taking out your windshield, and get a high lift jack and start jacking up into that corner.
make sure the jack is angled right to push it out.
take out your head liner and start hammering stuff out.
get some bondo, a lot of sealant for the windshield and spend some time doing detail work.
it might buff out...

oh and next time, don't put your tire on the roof... bad idea cuz it makes your COG way higher...

Thank you. Good ideas. The only reason my spare is up there is i dont have a swing away yet and it wont fit in the back with my work stuff back there and my gear back there either. But i will see what i can do from what you said and see if it works. This is my DD right now because my truck is out of commission as of right now. Thank you again

Haha I love the advice... but dont take it, from experiance. Metal has memory, with just a few strokes from my porto power in the right direction and well have it good as new.

First flop:
000.jpg

After:
111.jpg

Rollover:
222.jpg

333.jpg

444.jpg

After:
555.jpg

Takes a lot less time with a port o power, 2x4s, and BFH. Less time than it would take to even swap just an engin and tranny.

Last edited:
Back