• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Over heats only in warmer weather

doliverio

NAXJA Forum User
Ever since I replaced the water pump that went bad on my 95 Cherokee it runs hot once the outside temperature gets in the 70's. Durring the winter months and on cooler days it's temperature stays perfect. I have replaced the thermostat and the fan coupler as attemps at fixing the problem. I am starting to think that when the original water pump failed something might have flowed into the radiator and is blocking flow. The heat works fine and the radiator works well enough to keep cool while the outside temps are lower. Any other suggestions? If my radiator is clogged can it be fixed or do I need to replace it? Is an after market radiator a good choice?

have you flushed the cooling system to include the radiator, heater core and block? if not, i would definetly recommend it.

Take it to a radiator shop, thats what i did..You can throw your money at it all day if you like...Have you ever had that rad worked on at a shop?

Check to make sure that your water pump is correct rotation style. They call ours reverse rotation. You can flush your radiator. Don't take it in anywhere unless you have a good job and just want to help the local economy.

Back