• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not sure what to think

I don't have a problem with government buildings/facilities being blurred out...and really I'm talking about our armed forces facilities. As a matter of national security, I don't think it's a big deal. I don't want people being able to zoom down and count the number of hangers (or whatever) in an air force base. The way I see that is if it's off limits to citizens, then blur it out. I'm not sure if schools and places of worship really need to be blurred though. Currently, on Microsoft Earth, you can zoom down into Area 51 and see things out on the runway strips...

So basically "blurry" objects on google earth are obvious targets?

I am not sure it matters. The white house and other sites are already blurry, or are VERY old images of no significance.

Satellite orbits are logged and known. It is super easy to avoid one, or to provide a front for the flyover. Do you really think that what you saw in area 51 really was there. Or was it possibly created just for the program.

Well, I remember hearing about how someone found a sub base and zoomed in the props of the subs while in dry dock. For some reason those props were supposed to be top secret. If you were to sneak a camera in there and take pictures and get caught you'd be in prison for a long time, why should a company with a satellite flying over be different? Top Secret is Top Secret no matter how you obtain the photos.

Im not so much worried about bluring the military sites but basically anything that "may" be a target... sites of intrest like the statue of liberty for instance are cool to look at on the programs, but under this thing that would be gone.

Yeah, I didn't actually read the article...maybe I should. :D

Blurring potential targets makes no sense, if someone was trying to get the coordinates, they'd just stirke in the blurred area. If they were trying to plan, they'd send someone in person to scope it out. Restricted airspace, as in places we aren't supposed to see, I have no problem there.

This would really make our job a little more difficult over here in the Army considering we are dependent upon Google earth for decent satellite imagery to conduct our training.

This would really make our job a little more difficult over here in the Army considering we are dependent upon Google earth for decent satellite imagery to conduct our training.

Oh, I'm quite sure that some contractor will provide the service for a fee, probably owned by the elected official or his family who started the legislation. It's always a case of follow the money no matter what the politician says or what spin they put on it. They just keep working on new angles so get money.

There are plenty of other programs that folks SHOULD be using for imagery.....including PFPS (Falconview) and JADOCS....and yes, these are "contractor provided" services. Both of which are better than Google Earth b/c they actually provide coordinates, gridlines, etc....

Google Earth is NOT needed to conduct a mission/training....or at least shouldn't be.

You really have me shaking my head dude....

Last edited:
Hey Sean,.......your shoe is untied.

So basically "blurry" objects on google earth are obvious targets?

I am not sure it matters. The white house and other sites are already blurry, or are VERY old images of no significance.

Satellite orbits are logged and known. It is super easy to avoid one, or to provide a front for the flyover. Do you really think that what you saw in area 51 really was there. Or was it possibly created just for the program.

All I said was I don't care if they blur out areas on the satellite imagery...I could care less. I don't care if they blur out schools or churches either, I just see less of a point of doing so.

Like Darky said, top secret is top secret. Blur out the "top secret" sites and keep everything else visible.

The real reason behind this is the fact that Bohemian Grove is located in Cali. Now that the SIHF people are actively searching for answers and seeking to remove those involved in power. Nice to see the nwo running scared for once.

There are plenty of other programs that folks SHOULD be using for imagery.....including PFPS (Falconview) and JADOCS....and yes, these are "contractor provided" services. Both of which are better than Google Earth b/c they actually provide coordinates, gridlines, etc....

Google Earth is NOT needed to conduct a mission/training....or at least shouldn't be.

You really have me shaking my head dude....

lol, I'll be the first to tell you the Army is not the most tech savvy. For targeting other more sensitive stuff we'll break out the ArcGis and do it right. But for planning a ruck march or just a day to go shoot some guns at the range, google earth does the trick. Plus, it's so user friendly people don't come running to the intel shop constantly looking for a quick pic of a range. Joe understands it, and therefore, we all do.

I can't even tell what kind of car is parked in the driveways,...
Are you sure?
home.jpg

...,and my area is "High Def".:rolleyes:
Considering the satellite that shot these is 300+ miles away, dealing with atmospherics, I'd have to say "not bad for a free service."

I take that back, I see there are places with much higher resolution than the Chicago area, WOW, you can see the cracks in the streets in Phoenix!
That's just cause the crqacks are frickin huge in the desert!

ADOT also doesn't know the meaning of the word "culvert" and regularly paves roads right through washes. Makes for entertaining news after the occasional rain. :D

Back