• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arm kit needed?

stephenspann27

NAXJA Forum User
I'm probably hasta but.. I got too many search results to sift through. I have a parts jeep that has an unknown lift on it. I think it is probably a 3'' lift. It has an aftermarket rear leaf pack, and aftermarket coils. Also, someone has drilled a new hole for the track bar, but the track bar is actually bolted in the stock location.. so I dunno if maybe it had a bigger lift at one time or what the deal is.
I plan to install the lift on my '87 XJ, along with 2'' coil spacers, and some lift shackles in the rear.. for around 5'' of lift. I plan to re-drill the track bar location, do a T-case drop if necessary.. but what about the control arms? Do I just see if I get DW and if I do but some adjustable lower controls arms?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0032969444&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=

You dont need adjustable, you need longer uppers and lowers.

Also, you will need a trackbar. The stock one will not work at 5" of lift.. drilling a new hole won't move it over far enough, and the TRE at the top of the trackbar does not have enough range of motion to cover that much lift.

You'll also need brake lines (front and rear), swaybar links.. it sounds like you should do your homework a little more - you're on a course to total a jeep. If you're lucky, no one will get hurt when it falls apart. ;)

Tie Rod End

Just get an adjustable track bar that is stronger then stock anyway.

Wasn't out to ruin anyones day .. just help prevent you from making a bad mistake. :)

Back