• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dual diaphragm booster used on 95's up?

Rmart30

NAXJA Forum User
I saw a post referring to 95 up XJs have dual diaphragm brake boosters...
Wouldnt one of those be easier than the WJ dual diaphragm booster install Ive seen people discussing ?

I seem to recall someone saying something about how the physical size/shape of these is not as compatible as the WJ booster.

Can anyone confirm? May need to cross-post the question on the Modified Tech forum to get an answer. There is an excellent write-up on the WJ booster conversion that makes it look pretty straightforward. If you find a similar writeup for the 95+ XJ booster, please post a link.

Thx

I bolted in a 95 booster into my 94. Aside from the spacer, no trouble at all.

i did the wj booster/master swap on my 89 and there was only minimal modifications needed to make the swap. i cant see the minimal amount of modifications need a reason not to do the swap. the hardest part about the swap was double flaring the new brake line from the master to the prop valve. i had to prcatice a few times and once i got a good flare, i connected them, bleed the system and now i have much better braking.

I have a WJ master + booster to put in my XJ. You need to cut the rod off the XJ booster (at least on my 2000) and weld it to the WJ booster. This corrects the rod length and the angle of the rod. You could send the XJ and WJ booster to a company that will swap the rod, but that will only correct the length, not the angle.

Back