• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

285's Vs 33"

ebyrd10000

NAXJA Forum User
Any comments....thinking about 33x12.50x15 or 285x75x16 I like that 285's are slightly taller than most 33" tires the only thing i'm not sure about is that the 285 bfg tires seem to be load range E tires..

If you don't have a specific need to go to 16" wheels, stay on 15's.

The tires are MUCH cheaper.

x2 with Cal. Plus, our XJ's aren't heavy enough for that high a load rating. The stiff sidewalls won't flex as much, even when aired down. Plus you're giving up sidewall for a larger diameter rim. There really isn't any good reason to go with 16's.

16s are good for bigger brakes, and for a stiff sidewall if you're pre-running or trail-riding.

Any comments....thinking about 33x12.50x15 or 285x75x16 I like that 285's are slightly taller than most 33" tires the only thing i'm not sure about is that the 285 bfg tires seem to be load range E tires..

A 33x12.50x15 has about the same dimensions as a 305/70/16, which is what I run on the XJ. I prefer the E load range tires, mainly for the thicker sidewalls. My Bighorns ride very smoothly on the highway and work great off-road.

Back