• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody experienced in building a V-8

Mr.G & Family

NAXJA Forum User
I'm building my motor for my 55 Chevy a small block 350, and I'm at a point now where I have no idea what I'm what to do next. I have the engine on the stand. heads are on and bottom end is together. Thats where I'm at. Anybody wanna help if you have time? Im located in hesperia. I can offer food, beer,sodas???

Very tempting! I love working on Chevy motors. How soon are you planning on doing this and do you have all the parts. I hope no one talked you in to an Edelbrock carb yet. It would have to be a couple of weeks before I could get up there to help. Here is some of my motors I have helped friends with.

327.jpg

DSC04078.jpg

Mr.G, I'd be more than glad to lend a hand but I dont have much experience, I have "helped" put a couple motors together in my life....if you need some extra help just let me know...

jeff, is that a barry grant i see there, ahhhhhhhhh awesome carbs, out of the box onto the manifold, done....

jeff, is that a barry grant i see there, ahhhhhhhhh awesome carbs, out of the box onto the manifold, done....

Yes it is. It is actually a Speed Demon but it is made by Barry Grant. Holly sued them for their first design of this carb so now they change the look a little bit. It still uses holly jets and parts for adjustment, but it is a way better carb in my opinion. A similar carb went n the orange motor too. For the extra money definately worth it.

BG carbs rock. I had one on my 67 C-10 before I sold it. Got it for a steal (altho I did NOT steal it!) (=

Back