• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wish I had a 4x4 jeep...

squidd

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,

Whats up with this snow? Still have not found a 4.10 D30 so I was stuck with just 2wd and got the chance to find out the posi in my 8.8 works great! Fish tailed all over trying to get up a snowy/ slushy hill. I had figured we were over all of this when I swapped the new axle in and figured no real hurry other than not getting to go wheeling till I got it. Wrong again :rof: Made it OK and I figured if I made it into a ditch the mismatch ratios would still at least get me out but hey, this is just nuts.

I had 3 inches on my Jeep when I got home...and didn't get to drive her to school today because I had a flat tire when I went to leave. But ended up airing my tire up and finding the valve just got loose, so fixed that, and aired all the tires down to 25PSI and started driving. I hear ya on the sliding though, I was in my mini van with snow tires, and I took 3 attempts at my hill flooring it the whole way at about 5000 RPMs burning rubber at a slow pace. Would have been nice to just have no had a flat. (Lyle can vouche for my hill being ridiculous)

~Scott

The really sad thing is, I called into work today to try and get over this cold/ flu thing and the first thing my sup says is "you can't call in, I know you have a 4x4" after which I explain "I'm not calling in because of the snow, I really am sick". To this I get a laugh and a "you know, you sound sick". They know me too well there and go wheeling with a couple of the other supervisors every know and then. They're toyota guys so I get a hard time :)

Back