• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

San Diego M&G 3/18 - Normal Heights

Carol.92124

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Blind Lady Alehouse
3416 Adams Ave.
San Diego, Calif
619-255-2491

6:30 pm. Weds 3/18/2009

Parking is a possible issue; worst case there's plenty of angled street parking 1 block east & 1/2 block south at a community center. They're holding space for about 15 or so of us.

It is supposed to be a family friendly venue, so kids are welcome.

So, attending so far are:
Carol (Carol.92124) +0
Mike (MikeDashG) +?

Why the change of venue? I like the Bullpen.

Edit: What??? I just saw in the other thread that there is no hard alcohol? Uuugh... who's idea was this? (I'm thinking Mike G was involved.)

:D

Last edited:

Edit: What??? I just saw in the other thread that there is no hard alcohol? Uuugh... who's idea was this? (I'm thinking Mike G was involved.)

We're trying to mix it up a little. Sorry if it confuses you... we'll probably go back to the Bullpen--but maybe the Alehouse will have eye candy too...

Still no beer for you eh Mike?

It wasn't my idea to switch the venue. But it was my idea to check out the Ale House. They have REAL brew. FYI, they probably don't do pitchers.

I could probably have a pint or two.

You'll have to pick one out that a wimpy whisky drinker like myself could handle...:D

Not sure if they'll have anything of the caliber I'm thinking of. But I have a bottle of an American stout that that they age in 6 months in oak bourbon barrels. It's 13% ABV and looks blacker then used motor oil that was never changed in 100k miles. You comin to the jambo? I'll bring one :D.

You comin to the jambo? I'll bring one :D.

Not sure yet. I need to travel out of town for work, and I may have to leave this weekend... they haven't yet decided. I will know more in the next day or so.

If I am in town, I plan on going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean_jet
I worked so hard & so late Friday that I am sleeping In for the jambo, so I can miss it.
End Quote.

Fixed.

Sorry :twak:you:twak: missed:twak: it, :twak:OceanJet! :twak:

Can you still make it to the M&G, at least?

I'm sorry I missed it too.

Can't do the meet and greet either I have to go to northern CA for work on Wed-Fri. That's why I've been working so much getting ready for that trip.

I'm sorry I missed it too.

Can't do the meet and greet either I have to go to northern CA for work on Wed-Fri. That's why I've been working so much getting ready for that trip.

So March is your official "sucks to be you" month... sorry to hear that! It's not just that they don't do mixed drinks, right? You're not using work as an excuse?

i still don't understand it, we are a JEEP club, an AUTOMOTIVE club that DRIVES to our meet and greets and DRIVES home again and the only places we can have a get together is where they serve ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES so everyone can have a good time??? seems like a really dumb way to put the NAXJA so-cal chapter, san diego area group on the map. but hay, i don't drink so i wont get to be famous.

by the way, i will be there tonight

Back