• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking of and EXO

89heepxj

NAXJA Forum User
I am starting to think of roll cages and I really like exoskeletons. My question is "What are the Washington State rules for on highway vehicle exoskeletons?" Is it legal or not?

Thank You

LOL... Yea I wasn't thinking of a full exoskeleton more of one on the lower portion of the jeep. I don't know how I would make this work but I am drawing up some designs.

Have you seen the popular Hybrid cage designs? Personally I think those look/function much better then an exo. Exo's belong on Yota's and Nissan's IMO. :)

Too each there own though, keep us posted on your design/plans, I'm sure it's safe to say we're all curious on how it turns out.

~Scott

2622353701_628c19d4f5.jpg

Here's the one Matt has...you can see the cage comes out through the roof and tubing runs along the side to protect the roof, on the inside it's all braced.

~Scott

i like that. I was thinking of something not so much on the roof but the sides. I am still trying to figure out how I would make that work and still be strong. Maybe trim the doors a bit and weld it somewhere in there.

That is not an exo. I have the same cage design in mine (the one that was posted earlier in this thread).

-----Matt-----

Ya, :roll:if it was it would look funny:wierd: and not work in the NW:moon:

De Nile ain't just a river in Eygpt:twak:

Back