• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check Engine Light On - Pulled Codes, Transmission?

JoshRountree

NAXJA Forum User
We had a bunch of snow last week, and I went through the car wash last night. Well this morning, I had a check engine light on, and it won't shift into overdrive. The codes are:

-Transmission control system malfunction
-Transmission range sensor circuit malfuntion (PRNDL Input)

I know my NSS switch is gummed up because sometimes it won't start unless I wiggle the gear shifter or move it to neutral. It's worse when it's cold, but I can usually get it to come on. Could the NSS be responsible for throwing this code? I bought some electronics cleaner and some dieletric grease, hopefully I can clean it in my driveway tonight.

prob. your transmission control module (tcm) located under the dash on the driver's side. Clean it out and plug it back in see if that does it. Otherwise, if you have a junkyard closeby you can try and find one. I have an extra one from a 98 if you're interested, not sure what other years it fits, prob. most.

i have a 98 and have the same no od prob. check your reverse lights to see if they come on. if the lights do not turn on clean the nss and adjust as required.

Sounds like the NSS. I got codes 0700 and 0705 when my OD stopped working. If you suspect the NSS, I would almost guarantee that is the problem. Clean it and the problem goes away.

Back