• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: 21 spline AW4

mgolden

NAXJA Forum User
There's a young guy on the Sportbike forum that I run that has an '87 XJ with a lunched Pugot tranny. Does anybody have a working 21-spline AW4 lying around that they'd let go cheap? He doesn't have a lot of money and is trying to get it back on the road.

Thanks!
-Mike

There's a young guy on the Sportbike forum that I run that has an '87 XJ with a lunched Pugot tranny. Does anybody have a working 21-spline AW4 lying around that they'd let go cheap? He doesn't have a lot of money and is trying to get it back on the road.

Thanks!
-Mike

You may be better off getting an AX-15 and a 23-sp input for the NP231 he's got.

Converting to the AW4 is also going to require replacing the TPS (the RENIX version for the AW4 is "two sensors in one," working in opposite directions,) you'll need a TCU (I can probably cut one loose fairly cheap,) and you'll want to make sure that the wiring is there. And, the TPS and solenoid control wiring will need to be there as well.

May be easier - and cheaper! - to score an AX-15 and convert to that. 1989.5-1993 can use the same hydraulics and clutch as the BA-10/5, 1994-up will need to have hydraulics replaced as well.

Back