• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Smittybuilt XRC-8 Winch worth it???

Justpunchit

NAXJA Member #1291
I've been taking a serious look at them I've seen a few reviews and nothing out of the normal ordinary. There really inexpensive to boot. Anyone have/had one? If so is it worth it? Or maybe I should be looking into another winch in that price range? 300 beans for it shipped new. not bad right.

seriously use the search button.
I see this exact thread at least once a week.

I've run it, it's a great winch
a little slow but when you're pulling yourself out, slowly's a lot better than not at all

hahaha wow I feel like I newb, I really didn't think someone was looking into it that recently... flame away :homer:

Last edited:
I've got the xrc10,000. I haven't used it yet but I couldn't justify spending 3 or more times the price (I paid $340 out the door) for any Warn winch or anything like that. I had heard nothing but good things about this winch and decided to go with it.

I'm seeing the same with the 8k version, and I just don't have the budget for anything more at the moment.... plus I look at it as if something does break I'm sure it's a copy cat of a more popular name brand model and I'll just bastard parts from that company into my winch... I think I may have my desicion...:-\ hmmm

I have the older version of the 8K. Slow but pulls good. Easy to set up in-cab controls. JIM.

i have the 8k and i like it. someone told me milemarker made them but im not for sure about it. i do like it though.

Back