• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What I got accomplished this weekend

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
First off was cleaning my garage freeing up enough room for the jeep and the motorcycle.
garage.jpg

Next I am redoing the rear suspension using later CJ springs and revolver shackles.
revolver.jpg

mount.jpg

A big thumbs up to Dan at Ruffstuff, The parts are way strong and fit like a glove.
perch.jpg

And last an updated picture of the new project
paint.jpg

Its cool to see Anthonys CJ getting built and used rather than sitting, and thanks for painting it.. I didnt have the heart to tell him those flames were ugly as hell.. :D

Its cool to see Anthonys CJ getting built and used rather than sitting, and thanks for painting it.. I didnt have the heart to tell him those flames were ugly as hell.. :D

lol:cheers:

Looking good man for sure.....revolver shackles are sweet!

here's my garage pic

garage.jpg

Thats a Kan o tuna (katana)

:smoker:

haha way to be anthony, hahahha he is just jealous, thats all!! peace:cheers:

Got the rear done minus the shock mounts. Stretched the WB almost 3 inches. Gathering the parts for the front. Currently pondering welding the spiders in the rear or mini spool.
update.jpg

ouch.

I know I know, its for sale now Im ready for something faster.

Yeah Mike (sandiegoxj) and I got the axle centered up. The spring perch had to be partially mounted to the housing.

Playing around with some scraps today. Thinking either Overkill antenna mount or frame/body mounts.
stuff1.jpg

stuff2.jpg

since its a short wheelbase, any plans on adding a rear limit strap for those revolver's in case they unload when going down a steep decline?

I am looking at that right now. Thinking I will complete the build then take it on a shake down run and see what needs changing/improvment. I may eventually go with boomerang shackles. Looking at running coils up front, not sure yet ,looking at the most cost effective/ and ride quality options right now. going coils could be very costly.

Back