• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lucky day at pull a parts

squidd

NAXJA Forum User
Went up to the Arlington pull-a-parts looking for my 4.10 front axle and didn't find one of those but came away with a couple of hard to find goodies. First off found an unmolested grand cherokee with a V8 and an intact drag link still on the vehicle. Since this has been the only thing I have broken that has left me stranded so far, I was very happy to get this. I had kinda given up hope on finding one since this months pertersons listed this as a good find for the "budget" minded jeep owner. Figured everyone and thier uncle would be on the look out for these. I also found not one, but two chrystler LaBarons with hood vents still in the hood. I have been looking for these on and off again for a year at least.
So the quest for the front axle goes on but I was pretty happy none the less.

WJ, I get them confused, first gen Grands? If so, yes 2 the one I got my tie rod off of V8 and a 4.0. The 4.0 was pretty picked over but the V8 was still mostly untouched, less a drag link :)

Did you grab the hood vents? If so, I'm interested...if not, would you like to? :)
Arlington doesn't let me in, the guy who works weekdays always ask for ID.

~Scott

Beards do help, up untill a I grew mine a 6 months ago I was still getting carded for lotto lickets (I'm 28). I only grabbed one set and I might be headed back up there thursday, I will grab them for you if you would like. I think they charged me $6.50 for the set.

James

Beards do help, up untill a I grew mine a 6 months ago I was still getting carded for lotto lickets (I'm 28). I only grabbed one set and I might be headed back up there thursday, I will grab them for you if you would like. I think they charged me $6.50 for the set.

James

Yeah would be nice if they're in good shape and come off with no problems. I just installed a marina vent, but I think I would still be able to install LeBarons where I have my marina one (waiting for another to come, had to order it). Either way, as long as they aren't warped or broken, I'll pay you back/meet you if you get them.

Let me know. :roll:

~Scott

Both sets, the ones I got and those on the other chrystler were in really good shape. Screws came out no problem. I couldnt beleive how heavy those things were. Nice thing is, with this snow its harder to tell they'er there so there may be a good chance they will be still. I will let you know.

Last edited:
Both sets, the ones I got and those on the other chrystler were in really good shape. Screws came out no problem. I couldnt beleive how heavy those things were. Nice thing is, with this snow its harder to tell there there so there may be a good chance they will be still. I will let you know.

Good to hear! :wave1:

~Scott

Back