• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IRO 4" Kit VS. RC 4.5" kit

leoxj01

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys...
I´ve been looking for the Iron Rock Off road 4" kit or the Rough Country 4.5" kit, i would like some help to choose the better one.
I know the IRO kit doesn´t come with lower Control Arms, i would buy them from IRO too, and also the Double shear HD track bar, what do you think of this setup???

Thanks in advance for your opinions and help...
Anything you say is good for me...

IRO is about 50 minutes from where I live, got some stuff for my old TJ there and they were great guys to deal with, I will deffinatly reccomend them though I don't know much about their stuff for cherokees.

to argue the other side, the guys at rough country are great to deal with and i have no complaints about their products.

Come on... i need more help and opinions about this two kit and about the IRO Brand and its products..

I came from jeepforum because people over there told to ask it over here!!!

I hope you all give me some opinions to clear my mind... it seem to me IRO is good stuff!! but i have no experience with it.

I don't really have to much info to offer you, but FWIW if there in the same price range as RE I'd just go through fullsizeXJ here on NAXJA and get a kit from him, all my jeeps have RE components in some way and they never let me down.

I don't really have to much info to offer you, but FWIW if there in the same price range as RE I'd just go through fullsizeXJ here on NAXJA and get a kit from him, all my jeeps have RE components in some way and they never let me down.

the RE kit is twice as much as the kits he's talking about and doesnt come with shocks.

as far as which kit is better. i just looked at both of them and they look pretty similar but the RC kit has lower control arms with it. i have the same LCAs and they are longer than stock. the IRO kit doesnt have the arms. you will need the longer arms. i say go with the RC kit for the LCAs and the customer service.

the RE kit is twice as much as the kits he's talking about and doesnt come with shocks.

as far as which kit is better. i just looked at both of them and they look pretty similar but the RC kit has lower control arms with it. i have the same LCAs and they are longer than stock. the IRO kit doesnt have the arms. you will need the longer arms. i say go with the RC kit for the LCAs and the customer service.

Thanks TigerShark thats the anwers im looking for... becasuse i obviously know RE is better...
i would buy the LCAs from IRO, so if i get the IRO Kit and the Iro LCAs would this setip be better than the Rough COuntry Kit???
Thanks...

I run and have run the RC 4.5" on a 1993 xj and a 1996 xj and love it. the ride isnt to bad but not as nice as stock. the prices are awesome. their customer service helped out a lot and worked with me.

Not knowing IRO to much. I would recommend the RC kit. From what I have seen, its on more xj's than the IRO kit (forum speaking wise). To me, from an entry level lift set-up, it seems people either choose RE or RC. You said RE is to much.

I run the 6.5 on mine.. The wife has the 4.5 on hers..They are great lifts and take a good beating..I use mine almost every weekend ..I did break a leaf spring..They shipped a new spring to me for ZERO dollars..They say they are ruff riding, but i don't think so... My next thing to buy from R C is the drop down brackets..I hear those make a big change in the ride..

The biggest problem you will have in getting a good recommendation is that IRO is fairly new to the market VS. RC. More folks will have experience, good or bad, with RC. There aren't as many IRO kits out there, so there are few opinions.

I know RC has made many steps forward in the last couple years, and their service is great. I had problems with their stuff in the past, but since the improvements, I would probably try them again if I was on a budget (and didn't build my own stuff now).

As for IRO, the only bad I've ever heard were from those that have never ran or seen their products. Everyone that has them, seems to love them. I have no first hand experience here though.

hey guys...
I´ve been looking for the Iron Rock Off road 4" kit or the Rough Country 4.5" kit, i would like some help to choose the better one.
I know the IRO kit doesn´t come with lower Control Arms, i would buy them from IRO too, and also the Double shear HD track bar, what do you think of this setup???

Thanks in advance for your opinions and help...
Anything you say is good for me...

Shoot a PM to Grimus99XJ he is a sales rep for Rough Country and can help you out with their products. I hear they are pretty decent. I have met him too. Seems like a good dude!

I just installed the RC 4.5" kit with full springs the other weekend. The kit went on very easily and everything fit as it should. I upgraded the steering with the Currie kit and JKS trackbar. I also added RC s/s braided brake lines. After a tape-measure alignment, it drives quite nicely. I think the ride is better than the worn out stock stuff. Grimus99XJ (Jason) is a great guy and helpful.

I still need an alignment.

Go to the WrenchFest Feb 28th thread in the SEC forum for a few pictures and commentary of the install.

Thanks TigerShark thats the anwers im looking for... becasuse i obviously know RE is better...
i would buy the LCAs from IRO, so if i get the IRO Kit and the Iro LCAs would this setip be better than the Rough COuntry Kit???
Thanks...

why buy the LCAs from IRO when the RC kit comes with them? honestly, i cant really imagine the kits being very much different in quality. theyre both very straight forward kits. like the other guys said RC has the reputation of backing up their products. so i dont see a downside with them. i run all RC components on one of my jeeps and cant complain and theyve always help with any issues ive had. including replacing parts. not that many have needed replacing. a wrong set of bushings comes to mind, replaced free of charge.

if you want my opinion, id say if you arent going to spend the money on RE get RC. simple as that.

on the other hand you could be the guinea pig for the IRO kit and post up how it goes. just dont say nobody tried to steer you in the other direction.

I have no 1st hand experience with IRO, but I inow a couple guys hat do and they are extremely happy. Great service and very stout well built stuff. I've watched it perform and drooled the whole time.

RE all the way,you get what you pay for!

I run the 6.5 on mine.. The wife has the 4.5 on hers..They are great lifts and take a good beating..I use mine almost every weekend ..I did break a leaf spring..They shipped a new spring to me for ZERO dollars..They say they are ruff riding, but i don't think so... My next thing to buy from R C is the drop down brackets..I hear those make a big change in the ride..

What kits are you talking about??
Thanks

What kits are you talking about??
Thanks

IIRC,he has the RC kit.
And yes, the drop brackets make a huge inprovment in ride! I couldn't go back to not running them (or long arms) on anything more than 4".

I got a double shear track bar from IRO and if i didn't get a banging deal on RE i would have get there 4" kit. there customer service was great and they always answered the phone every time i called.

Back