• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix to HO wiring

Redder

NAXJA Forum User
I've adopted an ongoing project from a friend of mine and need a few simple question answered so if anyone is up for some spoon feeding please speak up.. It's a 90 with the Renix 4.0......motor is out and in the dumpster at the local recycler I've got a 94 4.0HO from a Grand that was fully rebuilt by me and said "friend" prepped on the stand aswell as a 98' AX15 Novak adapter ring and a D300. I also have access to a Complete wiring Harness for a 92' HO(manual) is it worth my time to adapt all the renix stuff which i've tossed out to the new motor, or does all the wiring for the engine's sensor's adapt to the Renix in the cab??? as it stands now I have the 5spd CPS, 91' ECU, and 92 YJ speedo/vss converter. is there anything i'm missing?? it seems easier in my mind to swap the wiring while I don't have the engine in. Any help is appreciated as I need this running, lifted, axles swapped, and armoured for Moab by april 3rd

Red the GM guy who's hating heeps:cry:

Many threads on this say that you need to adapt the Renix wiring harness, sensors and computer to the new motor. Please search the threads. There is some other problem with the TPS. Basically a doable PITA.

You'll either have to swap the computer and entire wire harness from an HO XJ, or adapt the renix system to the HO motor. adapting to renix has to be easier. You will need to use the Renix alternator. You also will need to either use the Intake manifold and TB from the Renix, or adapt the TPS. I adapted the TPS. This is the most difficult part of the swap, but it's not much of a task. There is a product available that does this, I believe from Hesco, but I have no experience with it. You probably want the Renix fuel injectors as well. Mine works with HO injectors, but it runs rich. You absolutely need the Renix CPS and the flywheel from the transmission, it will not run without. You need all the sensors from the Renix. the swap is as simple as swapping all the sensors and hooking it up. You better get your engine out of the dumpster, or else you are going to be spending a ton on new sensors, or finding a HO XJ to steal the entire wire harness from. good luck

I'm puttin the axles out of my rig in a 40splined 9" and a yukon/superior/longfield filled pass drop waggy 44 and goin 1tons as for the deadline, although "dancing with the stars" new season is tempting I think my time is better spent in the shop
zestsnow002-Copy.jpg
as for armour just bumpers sliders and a good skid plate

Thanks for the tips but found a wirging harness local so rippin it together tonight:wierd:

Last edited:
Back