• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Economy is hitting a big parts company..

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
Warn industries is facing major lay-offs, cant find anything online, but i have two uncles that work for each plant.
somewhere between 2-400 jobs to be lost..

thats more then half they're work force.

:tear:

hope things turn around soon..

Warn industries is facing major lay-offs, cant find anything online, but i have two uncles that work for each plant.
somewhere between 2-400 jobs to be lost..

thats more then half they're work force.

:tear:

hope things turn around soon..

Sorry for your loss...but your English failed there. :D

maybe if they lowered there outrageous winch prices they would be doing much better....but I feel the pain everyday I wonder if and when im next on the list.

maybe if they lowered there outrageous winch prices they would be doing much better....but I feel the pain everyday I wonder if and when im next on the list.

Well, the easiest way to do that would probably be to lay off all those :us: workers and build them for cheap in China. Unfortunately, that wouldn't save ANY of these American jobs....

I understand I am just making that comment because I dont really know anyone who is buying warn products right now because they can get a comparable product for half the price. If I had the money I would buy a warn product over virtually anything else.

I understand I am just making that comment because I dont really know anyone who is buying warn products right now because they can get a comparable product for half the price. If I had the money I would buy a warn product over virtually anything else.

where are you finding comparable product to what Warn offers? please let me know.

I understand I am just making that comment because I dont really know anyone who is buying warn products right now because they can get a Half the product for half the price. If I had the money I would buy a warn product over virtually anything else.
Coming from someone who was raised around people that work for the company, i wont even begin to start this arguement.

from hubs to winches, to condoms and buttwipe, You get what you pay for.:wave:

I'm (was) a Detroit automotive quality engineer. Many people are laid off here and I was terminated (downsized) 4 months ago. Willing to work for 1/3 of my former pay, but no jobs available. Nobody is buying anything. From car parts to steaks. I don't know the answer, but our way of life is changing rapidly. We are all going to have to learn to get by on a whole lot less. The playing field we call planet earth is leveling off. We're leveling down while the rest of the world is leveling up. (China, etc.)

I'm (was) a Detroit automotive quality engineer. Many people are laid off here and I was terminated (downsized) 4 months ago. Willing to work for 1/3 of my former pay, but no jobs available. Nobody is buying anything. From car parts to steaks. I don't know the answer, but our way of life is changing rapidly. We are all going to have to learn to get by on a whole lot less. The playing field we call planet earth is leveling off. We're leveling down while the rest of the world is leveling up. (China, etc.)

I like the way you think and your outlook. Self-sufficiency is on the rise...and I have a feeling that crime will be, too. ;) Kinda going along with the Warn conversation, their catchphrase means a lot nowadays: "Go Prepared."

That Sucks. I bought a warn Winch. I love it.

I deal with a lot of Chinese and Taiwanese companies and manufacturers. You get what you pay for. There is a reason some winch makers can sell the product for a 1/3 of what WARN does. Cheaper components with worse tolerances get your BOM cost down... sacrifice quality.

You can get a ratchet at Harbor Freight for 3 bucks.. once you bust your knuckles .. you realize its worth paying 20 bucks for a quality craftsman..

This economy may not be a bad thing for WARN. In recent years they have had a lot of competition come out of the wood work and try and be price leaders and gain profit and market share. If they can weather the tough times, a lot of the fly by night companies should shake out and get out.

My company is going through the same.. as our lots of companies..

Well, the easiest way to do that would probably be to lay off all those :us: workers and build them for cheap in China. Unfortunately, that wouldn't save ANY of these American jobs....

You're not implying that Warn DOESN'T USE Chinese and Mexican plants to build stuff are you?

Warn's final assembly might take place right here in Clackamas, but several of those pieces they're assembling cross a border to get here.

You're not implying that Warn DOESN'T USE Chinese and Mexican plants to build stuff are you?

Warn's final assembly might take place right here in Clackamas, but several of those pieces they're assembling cross a border to get here.

Difference is in the quality control. I hope nobody is naive enough to think the entire Warn process takes place in the States. ;)

No I'm well aware of that, but I just meant they could lay off ALL the American employees and do everything out of the country. I hope for those workers' sake, as well as for the local economy that they never do that, I know exactly what its like to lose your job to an overseas worker that'll do it for less.

I thought i just read in my new issue of 4 wheel off-road that warn sold their axle division to Randy's ring and pinion?:helpme:

True - and the crappy part is that the Warn axle line will be discontinued... meaning that the overall quality of the alloy axle shaft market just fell, once again...

now is just Superior on the list of 'good' mass produced axles... and they're all backordered...

True - and the crappy part is that the Warn axle line will be discontinued... meaning that the overall quality of the alloy axle shaft market just fell, once again...

now is just Superior on the list of 'good' mass produced axles... and they're all backordered...

Not really. Randy's will be using the same american made axle shafts, and selling them under the Yukon Hardcore line. I've seen the testing, and trust me improvements were made even over the Warn shafts.

Back