• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

12.50's on 8" rims ?

Rmart30

NAXJA Forum User
Guys ive found a package deal on new TSL's mounted on 15x8 rims.

I know they recommend 10" rims for 12.50's, whatcha think about the TSL's on the 8's ??

May look a bit funky, but there are plenty of us running 11.50's on 8's with no issues. I can't see 12.50's any issue either.

Most people prefer a 12.5" wide tire on a 8" rim, it allows for better air down provides better rim gard since the tire will bulge more...

I don't know anybody who runs a 12.50" tire on a 10" rim. It will be safer to air down...less chance to unseat the tire.

Yeah you'll be fine. I was running 32x11.50 bfg m/t on 15x8 steelies for about 3 years no problems. i just upgraded recently to 33x12.50 warngler MTR on 15x8 steelies. Have aired down to about 8psi several times with no problems. I say DO IT!!!!

I ran 14.50's on seven inch wide wheels for years. No problems

rear.jpg

spare3.jpg

you'll be fine.

I ran 12.50's on a 7" wide rim, they did great never unseated the bead aired down.

OK... ya got me... Where?

Back