• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCalXJ.com 10th Annual Jamboree Details March 13th-15th

mikedashg

NAXJA Forum User

Dates: This Coming Friday March 13th through Sunday March 15th.
Organized Runs: Saturday morning for ALL levels.

Don't know how to get there? Get customized directions by going to:
http://www.tinyurl.com/jvdirections

Click on the green tent camp spot once, and then click "Get directions: To here" from your house.

Here is a list of POSSIBLE runs. All runs and requirements are subject to change depending on condition, and how many people show up. But this will give you an idea of what's needed for JV. We may not have a Clawhammer run do to it being tore up by KOH, and I don't have anyone to lead it. If someone wants to step up and lead it Sat morning on the lakebed, go for it!

REQUIRED ON ALL RUNS: Proper tow points front and rear
Drivers Meeting starts at 8:30AM at the camp spot. followed by trail line-up

JV LOOP
Traction Device Required: None (Limited Slip/Posi Suggested)
Tire Size Required: Any (31" Tires Suggested)
Armor Required: None (Rock Rails, Gas Tank and Transfer Case Skid Plate Suggested)
Trail Leader: Andy S

BULLFROG
Traction Device Required: None (1 locker HIGHLY suggested, larger tires required if no locker)
Tire Size Required: 31" Tires (33" tires or bigger required if no lockers)
Armor Required: Rock Rails, Gas Tank and Transfer Case Skid Plate HIGHLY Suggested
Trail Leader: Mike K

TACKHAMMER / LOWER BIG JOHNSON
Traction Device Required: 1 Locker (2 Lockers Suggested for Lower Big Johnson)
Tire Size Required: 33" Tires or bigger
Armor Required: Rock Rails and Skids Required
Trail Leader: Mike G

CLAWHAMMER
Traction Device Required: 2 Lockers
Tire Size Required: 33" Tires (35" Tires Suggested)
Armor Required: Rock Rails and Skids Required
Trail Leader: ????

C'mon folks... come out and have fun! Support JV!! I'll be out there stock with rails & skids (oh, and the dog), having myself a grand ol' time =).

C'mon folks...

Heh, not too worried about it. I'm usually surprised at how many people actually show up who don't post up about it or vote on the polls. We've had over 100 show up one year and like 20 people voted on the poll. I've posted up here about a meet and greet one time. NOBODY responded here on the forum, but we had 15 people at the M&G.

:dunno:

Poor Eddie is almost as rarin'-to-go as as I am--Eddie saw his food & water bowls, food, and leashes go into the XJ, and he's been bopping and dancing around ever since. 75+ lbs of energetic happy Rotting Shepherd. The cat is not pleased.

[fingers crossed] doesn't look like too windy of a weekend, either! Weather.com only knows Landers, not JV, but:

Daily Details for
Landers, CA (92285)
6 am
31.gif

43°F
9 am
32.gif

49°F
12 pm
34.gif

62°F
3 pm
28.gif

65°F
6 pm
30.gif

62°F

Day
Night
34.gif

Mostly Sunny High
68°F

Precip
0%
Wind: W 12 mph Max. Humidity: 29% UV Index: 7 High

Sunrise: 6:57 AM PT Avg. High: N/A Record High: N/A

29.gif

Partly Cloudy Overnight Low
43°F

Precip
0%
Wind: W 9 mph Max. Humidity: 44% Sunset: 6:53 PM PT Avg. Low: N/A Record Low: N/A

Last Updated Thursday, Mar 12, 8:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time

Well who is leading the Wrecking Ball run???

:D

Sorry, but i cant make it now. I was intially planniing on it, but the turdy is still broken from KOH.

Have fun boys!

Have fun, take lots o pics! I wish I could make it but I gotta work.

I hope you don't have the winds from KOH.

Have fun everyone.

Aaaaaahhhh... That was a fun weekend!! Now, back to my regular [work] programming =)

Back